Droid 2, what do you want to see?

iPirate

Reaction score
I saw this video the other day and thought what cool technologies are out now or coming out soon that would be cool to have in the next generation smart phones?

Here is the video I saw:

[video=youtube;8HXnjAyT3cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HXnjAyT3cM"]YouTube - 3D Input Interface for Mobile Devices[/video]

I know OLED are able to collect sun light, similar to solar panels, so I would like my next Droid to have OLED screen that can also charge off the screen!

So besides the faster processor, more ram, more rom, more mega pixels, what do you want to see in your next smart phone?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow. No more fingerprints.

basic stuff for me: thicker, scratch resistant glass, no proprietary usb and earphone jacks, can be used as a universal remote, bigger capacity battery come with the phone, phone can read bigger capacity battery accurately.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
I'll take my Droid 2 with no physical keyboard and a 1.0+ snapdragon. kthxbye.

Edit: HDMI and more RAM is okay too.

Last edited:

sarreq

Reaction score

basic stuff for me: thicker, scratch resistant glass, no proprietary usb and earphone jacks, can be used as a universal remote, bigger capacity battery come with the phone, phone can read bigger capacity battery accurately.
the glass is already scratch resistant, USB micro-b (what the Droid has) is now the standard for phones, and it has an earphone jack. might you have a Droid ERIS by any chance?

anyways....

better call quality, louder during calls, better quality microphone, you know, what a PHONE should have.

then there's the wet dream features, 10mp camera with an actual good low light mode, 1080p video recording and playback, dual snapdragon @1.5ghz, heavy OS optimization for speed and battery life, AMOLED screen with AlON (that's transparent aluminum, for those who don't know) face and a more precise capacitive touch sensor, thinner.

Hero_Sky

Reaction score
I'd like to see video phone, hdmi, 720p recording, 4g, spring opened keyboard,

OSX2000

Reaction score
So besides the faster processor, more ram, more rom, more mega pixels, what do you want to see in your next smart phone?
I'll take all that, and keyboard with an added line for the numbers. Having to use ALT gets tedious.

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score

the glass is already scratch resistant, USB micro-b (what the Droid has) is now the standard for phones, and it has an earphone jack. might you have a Droid ERIS by any chance?

anyways....

better call quality, louder during calls, better quality microphone, you know, what a PHONE should have.

then there's the wet dream features, 10mp camera with an actual good low light mode, 1080p video recording and playback, dual snapdragon @1.5ghz, heavy OS optimization for speed and battery life, AMOLED screen with AlON (that's transparent aluminum, for those who don't know) face and a more precise capacitive touch sensor, thinner.
bullet resistant aluminum sounds good for the phone's body too :icon_eek: colored of course, clear would be cool for 10 minutes :p

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

anyways....

I said those things cuz I dont it to change. Companies are famous for thinking they know whats good for us. Samsung thought they knew with their dumb earphone jack. Either that or greed.

I just dont want them to fix what aint broke. Just like what u mentioned with the call quality, microphone, louder during calls; it already has that too, for me anyway. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
4.3" version of the droid with a beefed up processor (not just a snapdragon hopefully) and a better keyboard with the extra space.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Made by HTC label. ;-)
Would like to be able to dock phone into a station that resembles a 12" or 10" netbook with a framless Oled touch screen , wireless keyboard that can be removed , unit is self powered and can charge phone as well , once phone is docked will act as a Android powered PC .

PM me on where to forward royalty checks .

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I saw this video the other day and thought what cool technologies are out now or coming out soon that would be cool to have in the next generation smart phones?

Here is the video I saw:

YouTube - 3D Input Interface for Mobile Devices

I think the optical trackpad on the Incredible is already better , more practical and precise than this .

The next Droid should have a better mic , minimum 4" frameless AOLED display , 5 MP camera is more than enough , but with a better sensor and low light capabilities , more MP doesn't make it better , think of 5MP PowerShoot , maybe a xenon flash , minimum of 4 GB internal storage for apps , 512 RAM , keyboard similar to Touch Pro 2 , Tegra chipset and processor , HD video out , brighter notification LED , better QA

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
More onboard memory. Hot-swappable micro-sd slot. Super AMOLED screen. Bigger screen (like the hd2 and Evo). optical "joystick"/trackpad thing. I'm kinda 50/50 on the keyboard now; Swype kinda has eliminated the need for me to slide out the keyboard. More battery capacity. maybe a less blocky case design, not so much that it looks like an iphone/htc product. Sturdy materials, devours feels nice, just hope they don't follow the design bleh...I wouldn't mind a plastic phone either it just shouldn't feel cheap. Heavy enough to feel good in your hands, but light enough to carry in your pocket and not really notice it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Specswise I will just say that if you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man. New specs will have to be equal to or greater than the new iPod.

1. Ditch the Keyboard. I know they won't though because it brings in a lot of people who want a keyboard.
2. Fix the headphone jack. The headphone jack is fragile and cuts out easily. Volume outta the jack is kinda meh. The SQ has to be closer to the iPhone.
3. The ability to use all the headphone/mic/playbackcontrol thingies the iPhone has.
4. MicroSD is expensive, move to regular sd :)
5. Front Facing Camera.
6. Less Fingerprints.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
1. Updated keyboard (I LOVE the option of a keyboard)

2. Update the aggressive lines (no foo foo sleek lines.)

3. Armada 618 processor

4. LTE

5. Android 3.0

**build must still remain mostly metal. I want WEIGHT : )**