Droid 2 now available online at VerizonWireless

Million

Reaction score
when I was a kid, we only had the Droid1...now we have the Droid2...oh how time goes...

might check it out

cdipier2

Reaction score
this is bullcrap, i ordered mine today at 230 AM est and still haven't got any shipping confirmation! How is someone who ordered at 8 AM order being placed before someone who ordered at 230 AM? Makes no sense to me

hmm that is weird. did you receive any email at all about a sales confirmation? cause if not then it might have not gone through. i got mine as soon as i submitted my order

techRob

Reaction score
when I was a kid, we only had the Droid1...now we have the Droid2...oh how time goes...
:blink: :biggrin: :rofl3:

...and for those who's 2yr is up by December, I heard they'll move up the date for the purchase of the D2 this month (or something like that)....at least that's what I thought i heard on this board in the News section....i'm still bummin' because my 1yr isn't up until February...maybe i can scrape up $200 and beg them to give me an early upgrade on my early upgrade :p ... the fact that flash sites load so well on that have me drooling. i tried loading a flash tv show via the flash mobile site, and the playing quality sucked hard (and that's with wifi connection)

seabreeze_33

Reaction score
I got the original Motorola Droid early December. This summer has been frustrating because it keeps doing the usual thing people have mentioned, shutting off randomly and turning back on. It particularly sucked when I had to go to work in the morning and it decided to shut off and turn back on in the middle of the night, opening up all of the unwanted apps, then draining my battery, leaving me with no alarm to wake me up.
I have read from everyone having this problem that they return their phones and Verizon gets them a new motorola droid. I was about to do this last night but saw they had taken it off the Verizon online store. Does this mean if we get a new one from the store now we will get the second generation?

Update:
I called the Verizon store and was told that if we were to return a faulty generation 1, then Verizon will replace for it another generation 1, as long as the store still has it; they have a factory amount of generations 1s specifically for this purpose, so that people can replace their phones if needed. However, once the store runs out, they will start replacing your phone with generation 2s. I guess I will wait then.....:blackdroid:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am at the Verizon store now, typing this from physical keyboard on the D2, I didn't think it would be that much better but this keyboard just reminds me about how sad the Original Droid's keyboard is, what an improvement

techRob

Reaction score
...yea...i think i'm going to make a stop by there tomrrow or Saturday to try and play with the phone too :) .... the keyboard was my biggest issue with the various android phones - either there was what the Droid 1 calls a keyboard, or none to speak of......i honestly prolly woulda gotten the Ally if it was available in February (it's LG, and has a good keyboard). Oh well, i'm VERY happy with what i got :) ... wishing i could get the D2 :)

bronx finest

Reaction score
I just got my phone in February, I wonder what would make them give me my early upgrade, early. :devil:

The D2 looks awesome, but I doubt I'll be able to get one since I'm not paying full price and un-eligible for an upgrade. :(