Droid 2 Global, hearing your own voice

lacie123401

Reaction score
Hello I just gotten the Droid 2 Global, loving it so far,
but was wondering if its normal to hear your own voice in the earpiece when your talking on the phone, its not an echo, but it seems like I'm hearing my voice a bit amplified through the earpiece when talking.
Thank you!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay!
No, I wouldn't say its normal but, does it happen on every call??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
L

lacie123401

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for a quick response, yes it seems to be happening with every call,
not much of an echo, but it feels like Im hearing my own voice through the earpiece as well

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the menu layout on the phone is but find your voice privacy setting and turn it to standard, normal or off, depending in its wording. By default all Verizon phones are set to on and it can create echos because it's trying to mimic cdma

Support our troops!
slidered from a wifi monolith

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This was going to be my next suggestion! It should be under Settings > Phone Settings and at the bottom. Let us know if it helps.
*Edit* its Call Settings, not Phone Settings

Not sure how the menu layout on the phone is but find your voice privacy setting and turn it to standard, normal or off, depending in its wording. By default all Verizon phones are set to on and it can create echos because it's trying to mimic cdma

Support our troops!
slidered from a wifi monolith

OP
L

lacie123401

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, Tried it without luck, maybe its just normal but I've never had a phone where I can hear my own voice on a call through the earpiece too.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Probably your phone. My does it once in a blue moon but not every call! I'd take it in to Verizon.

Thank you for the suggestion, Tried it without luck, maybe its just normal but I've never had a phone where I can hear my own voice on a call through the earpiece too.