Droid 2 FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
Isn't VZW advertising it as the "DROID X" ? Or is that ANOTHER version?

Either way, though, it looks pretty sweet. Though I love my 1st Gen DROID, I kinda can't wait to see where the line of phone is going when my contract is up for renewal in 2k12....

Reaction score
^ DX is the 4.3 inch version( rumored to be called touch)
D2 is the 3.7 inch with keyboard.( classically the new version of the droid 1)

From what I understand

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ DX is the 4.3 inch version( rumored to be called touch)
D2 is the 3.7 inch with keyboard.( classically the new version of the droid 1)

From what I understand

Correct. They are two different phones that will both be released on Verizon in the next few months. Droid X is coming very soon and the Droid 2 shouldn't be far behind.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I'd rather have the Droid X because it seems like the Droid 2 will be the exact same thing that we have except with a better keyboard (I don't mind the current one) and hardware. I'd rather have a phone that is completely new to me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
merged....................

The Droid 2 booyah!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd rather have the Droid X because it seems like the Droid 2 will be the exact same thing that we have except with a better keyboard (I don't mind the current one) and hardware. I'd rather have a phone that is completely new to me.

This is the only reason I'm liking the X over the Droid 2. If I never had a Droid I'm sure I would feel different. And there go that damn Froyo Home Screen Tips widget again.....lol

Agrajag

Reaction score
My first impressions:

-Why change the 4 main buttons order? If I go with this phone it'll take me months to stop hitting the wrong buttons? Was there some problem with the old setup I'm not familiar with?

-Same camera? I don't really use the camera on my phone as I always take lousy pictures with it (my 10MP digital camera takes GREAT pictures by comparison) so this isn't a big deal but just surprised it's no better other than seemingly a bit faster.

-The keyboard on my Droid is the flat one and I despise it so much that I haven't used it in months now. I've just forced myself to kind of get used to the virtual keyboard even though that hasn't been a huge success. This one doesn't look all that much better. It does looks a bit bigger and maybe that's all it needed but I still totally miss the completely distinct keys on my enV2. I'm not sure if I'll bother with a Droid 2 as the main reason for it over the other options is the keyboard and unless it's dramatically improved I'll save the bulk.

-The screen seems entirely the same. Another area I'd like to see continued forward momentum on.

-So far this strikes me as a product that should be called Droid 1.5.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My first impressions:

-Why change the 4 main buttons order? If I go with this phone it'll take me months to stop hitting the wrong buttons? Was there some problem with the old setup I'm not familiar with?

-Same camera? I don't really use the camera on my phone as I always take lousy pictures with it (my 10MP digital camera takes GREAT pictures by comparison) so this isn't a big deal but just surprised it's no better other than seemingly a bit faster.

-The keyboard on my Droid is the flat one and I despise it so much that I haven't used it in months now. I've just forced myself to kind of get used to the virtual keyboard even though that hasn't been a huge success. This one doesn't look all that much better. It does looks a bit bigger and maybe that's all it needed but I still totally miss the completely distinct keys on my enV2. I'm not sure if I'll bother with a Droid 2 as the main reason for it over the other options is the keyboard and unless it's dramatically improved I'll save the bulk.

-The screen seems entirely the same. Another area I'd like to see continued forward momentum on.

Yep. With the same hardware, but with a better camera, and a bigger screen, I think the Droid X is a better phone if you don't mind typing on the touch screen.

Anomander

Reaction score
Yep. With the same hardware, but with a better camera, and a bigger screen, I think the Droid X is a better phone if you don't mind typing on the touch screen.[/QUOTE]
I believe it comes with SWYPE, so if that is the case I would not mind loosing the keyboard for the bigger screen size. No upgrades for me though, need to wait until my new every 2 gets a lot closer.

soba1

Reaction score
Droid 2 is cool. The keyboard looks real nice. But since I am a screen size junkie. I'm getting the X. Always have love for the Droid though...
Best smartphone I have had to date

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
750 ...........ill wait for the droid 3 or the device with 2 ghz processor.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Yea unfortunately I think I will go with the DROID X. This phone is for people who never owned a DROID 1. I love my DROID 1 but ill probally end up giving it to my wife and getting the DROID X :)