Droid 2.2 BB reboot cycle

SideshowTony

Reaction score
I have bugless beast and its been running fine, but i tried installing new kernals and now its in a boot cycle. about a minute from turning on it freezes and reboots. Any suggestions?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Been there done that. Get into the bootloader and do a restore. You made a backup right?

Every phone is different in this regard. My phone, for example, cannot run 1Ghz smoothly. I got Chevy1's up and running but my phone locked up after a day. I have to stay at 800mhz. Not saying YOU do. Just saying it's gonna take some time to figure out what works best for your phone.

No backup? go into recovery, mount the droid, find a ROM you like, put it on sd card and then install it. Yes you will lose everything BUT, google gets most of it back for you. You just get to deal with the process of (maybe) reinstalling some free apps and setting up your shortcuts, program modifications, etc.. ANd if you have to do this even once, you will never forget to make a backup again :)

elardner

Reaction score
I have a question regarding this loop. My droid has done this to me twice, once on chevy's 1ghz and now on chevys 1.2 ghz. It only seems to happen when the battery get's low and I am using it heavily (tether, etc). Is the high overclock still to blame?

elardner

Reaction score
Nevermind, I just remembered that SetCPU was set to 1200 mhz performance while charging. I think it didn't like that. That would explain why it happened when the battery was low, because that's when you are charging. Duh

OP
S

SideshowTony

Reaction score
Yeah I had a backup, thanks for the help. But when I went into my backup to restore, it gave me a ton of options. It says something like choose which picture to restore. I just chose one that seemed right, but what do all of those choices mean? Thanks again for the help