Droid 1 will not restore using sbf or update.zip file.. Need Help

The Strokes

Reaction score
Flash the droid 1 with the any sbf file and/or update zip file and all I get is the droid logo at startup then the bootloader mode.
after flashing i wipe data and i get e:eek:pen dev, reach max number of retries, failed to init the engine!, bp clear failed.
Is this phone toast?

vey

Reaction score
This is when you have the phone disconnected from the PC after flashing? Because my phone will start in bootloader mode if left plugged in by mistake.

OP
T

The Strokes

Reaction score
The real problem is its not restoring after flashing. I flashed clockworkmod onto it and was searching for another recovery method.

vey

Reaction score
This happened to me once.
I used a program called RSD Lite version 5.0 when clockworkmod wouldn't work for me. You mentioned sbf file, so I thought you had tried it, too.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I know this is late, but are you still having troubles? If so I am confused when you say "the any sbf file and/or update.zip file" and then "The real problem is it's not restoring after flashing."

If you still need help, please elaborate with more detail exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

OP
T

The Strokes

Reaction score
I know this is late, but are you still having troubles? If so I am confused when you say "the any sbf file and/or update.zip file" and then "The real problem is it's not restoring after flashing."

If you still need help, please elaborate with more detail exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

What I was trying to say in that sentence, was that I tried different methods and after completing the sbf flash or restoring thru an update.zip file. I get the bootloader on reboot or after powering on.

whodisname

Reaction score
i have some problem with one of these sholes too. i havent used it in a while but i had it oc to 1300 and had ... i forget what rom i had. i put lots of stuff on it cuz its got more development than any phone i ever saw. it stoped working all by itself. i woke up to it in bootloader mode. i broke my razr m last night with safestrap 3.12 and had to hurry up and learn about rsd lite. it worked on that phone (whew!!) it gets to 99% on my og and ..."Error switching phone to BP pass through mode (0x70BE)" error. i have updated drivers i even tried to hack the motorola rsd net connected 1.14.95 software. (didnt really try hard) but i suppose my phone is toast unless somebody has some info??????? it wouldnt charge before but it does now so its a little different!:hail:
I really respect that phone and nothing would make me happier than to have it work again!

vey

Reaction score
What I was trying to say in that sentence, was that I tried different methods and after completing the sbf flash or restoring thru an update.zip file. I get the bootloader on reboot or after powering on.

How are you "completing the sbf flash"?