[Drivers] Droid X Wifi Driver info - SUCCESS!

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
A document outling the compiling process of the kexec kernel is on the site.

I don't believe theres one for the drivers yet since alias just got those working.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I'm going to leave this sticky until we have confirmations of this being a stable wifi implementation. Until then, AliasXerog could use help testing this!

I'm hoping we can make this easier for the masses to help test but until then, it's going to require you to compile code and use ADB quite a bit, I imagine. For those of you asking for us to make a tutorial, that's not quite possible yet. The time that it would take to write a tutorial would be MUCH better spent creating an app to automate the process. Like I said, we're working on it. Until then, if you're able to/willing to compile some drivers/kernels and execute the kexec yourself, please help AliasXerog directly! :)

rfeyn

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running cyanogenmod 7.1 on my droid x. I am trying to compile tiwlan_drv.ko against a 2.6.32 kernel (which I downloaded from the droid sourceforge site). Everything proceeds fine except when I attempt to load tiwlan_drv.ko and I get errors (in dmesg) saying there are several unknown symbols. Can somebody please help me figure out how to resolve this? Has anybody else been able to do what I am trying to do? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

coco3431

Reaction score
I know I am going to get replies about opening up an old thread, but I was wondering:
  1. What will these drivers do that we cant do now?
  2. Has anything else happened?
  3. I have a Rooted Droid X, How can I help with things like this?
Sorry again for opening up an old thread.