Drag racing GTEC App?

Trever1t

Reaction score
I know iPhone has one using GPS and the built in accelerometer, do we have an app yet that gives 0-60mph, G-force, 1/4 mile racing time/speed?

J5311

Reaction score
I have already contacted The creators of Dynolicious asking them if they were going to make an app for the droid and this is their response.

"Thanks for your interest in Dynolicious.

We are considering porting to Android, but don't have a fixed decision or timeline yet.

Best,
Justin Morgenthau
BunsenTech, LLC"

I guess if they get a good number of requests we could make this happen

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
I'll send them an email! thanks!

that's exactly what I'm looking for :)

Last edited:

J5311

Reaction score
I looked at both of them. In the descriptions it says nothing about 1/4 mile times :(

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
OK I just looked both of them over and both seem to have 1/4 mile function but I'm going tio have to play with it a bit to see how it all works :p

thanks for the leads!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have aDyno and havent had a chance to get into it... the one time i tried it, it said my car had 860 horse when i know i only have about 400 @ the wheels... this weekend ill get more of a chance to play with the dyno plots and 1.4 mile times.

i heard dino dyno locks up on android 2.0 so i havent attempted to install it.

its closer then the dynolicios app that said i had 900 horsepower and 1200 ft/lbs torque.

i have read that these apps dont work correctly with cars that run high boost and im running 24psi on the street and 32psi at the track.

Last edited:
OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
i have aDyno and havent had a chance to get into it... the one time i tried it, it said my car had 860 horse when i know i only have about 400 @ the wheels... this weekend ill get more of a chance to play with the dyno plots and 1.4 mile times.

its closer then the dynolicios app that said i had 900 horsepower and 1200 ft/lbs torque.

i have read that these apps dont work correctly with cars that run high boost and im running 24psi on the street and 32psi at the track.

What kind of rig are you runnning and what are your times at the track?

I posted a pic in the 'car thread' of my blown 4x4 extended cab... I ran 11.34/119.81 last month at Sacramento at ~11lbs.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What kind of rig are you runnning and what are your times at the track?

I posted a pic in the 'car thread' of my blown 4x4 extended cab... I ran 11.34/119.81 last month at Sacramento at ~11lbs.

its a 2002 VW GTI with the 1.8t and 6 speed from a 2002 VW Jetta GLI. Full bottom end build stock head APR stage 3+ turbo kit with a garrett GT28rs .86 a/r 76 trim turbo. plus other goodies. (no nitrous)

last time at the track i was running 16 PSI and i pulled a 11.90 @ 119 mph with a 1.7 60 ft time. now im running 22-24 psi on the street and if i have 100 oct ane can run 32PSI.

at 16 PSI i was putting 355hp and 320ft/lbs torque. i havent been back on the dyno with the higher boost levels or with the bottom end build. so i should be right at if not right above the 400 horse mark. The bottom end build did not add any power as i kept the same compression pistons i built it for strength and to keep it streetable.

heres a pic of the car i like to keep my stock/sleeper look http://www.droidforums.net/forum/off-topic-forum/177-cars.html#post2063

Last edited:
OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
Awesome, I run a stock GM 5.3l, Cam, exhaust, Magnuson TVS mp1900 ....looks like OEM: ) 5200lbs. I get a few stares at the track. I love drag Racing. I have some video if interested. I could link here. BTW, I'm posting from my DROID

J5311

Reaction score
I work at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. I love it! I would have been working today, but its rainy