Dr Who Boot animation

OP
Topsy

Topsy

Reaction score
mind posting a link to that? does it require root?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...oles-info-edition-1-2-updated-01-25-10-a.html

Yes root is required to install it, directions are listed in that thread.

is that the latest release of sholes?
i hear there is 2.0.3.. but i cant seem to find it.

aso is there a way jus to effect the boot without a brand new rom.. im kinda happy with it.. just want a faster boot

If you mean increase the bootup speed, not really. The ROM's are built from the ground up to be optimized and short of building your own custom one, your only option is to install someone else's.

bobmundo123

Reaction score
Yes my droid boot time is faster than stock, credit goes to the sholes team whose ROM is available in another thread on this forum.

mind posting a link to that? does it require root?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...oles-info-edition-1-2-updated-01-25-10-a.html

Yes root is required to install it, directions are listed in that thread.

Thanks bud!.. but the download link for the rom image isn't working..

anyone have a good download link for this"?

OP
Topsy

Topsy

Reaction score
I love this animation! I'm still using your matrix one. Any way you could make another one to say Loading instead of Dr Who?
I second that. I love the boot and would also like to see it saying LOADING as well

Be honest I was a big fan of the show and I wanted to try converting a video clip into an animation.
Don't have any plans at this time to revisit it, but I am working on a new one I hope to have available soon.

It won't have loading, but it will having something along that lines that I think everyone will like.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I've made an unrelated boot animation, but it's also very large. Would you (or anyone else) like to host it?

CoyG

Reaction score
Hey topsy have you looked into actually making any live wallpapers? I'm pretty set on keeping bb 2.1 and some custom live wallpapers would just put it over the top. Well..that and multi-touch on stock browser but that's a different story :)

OP
Topsy

Topsy

Reaction score
Hey topsy have you looked into actually making any live wallpapers? I'm pretty set on keeping bb 2.1 and some custom live wallpapers would just put it over the top. Well..that and multi-touch on stock browser but that's a different story :)

Would love to look into it but i've been swamped the past month.

Got tired of ROM'S having different features but none of them was perfect for me, so i been patching one together myself.

It is on my list, but unsure right now how successful it will be, since it looks like the 2.1 official version won't include them and i've yet to see a 2.1 ROM that wasn't buggy.

CoyG

Reaction score
Well if you ever get around to making a custom live wallpaper id be willing to test it out so you didn't have to go through all the troubles of installing a 2.1 rom and such. Just let me know!

OP
Topsy

Topsy

Reaction score
Well if you ever get around to making a custom live wallpaper id be willing to test it out so you didn't have to go through all the troubles of installing a 2.1 rom and such. Just let me know!

Looks like LiveWallpapers has officially been port to 2.0.1 so when I have the time i'll look at it.

Probably won't be for a week or so with my schedule lately.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Hey Topsy, my GF had been using your Doctor Who bootanimation for a couple months and she loves it. She is a huge Doctor who fan. We were watching some of season 2 of the new series last night and she mentioned she would love your bootanimation in blue like the very start of the intro on that series. I know it's been awhile since this thread's been used, but I told her I'd ask you if you had time to do something like that.

mr.shepp

Reaction score
Doctor who

I would love to see a T.A.R.D.I.S boot animation with it rematerializing . A live wallpaper would be sick. Anyone? Anyone?