Dr Who Boot animation

Topsy

Reaction score
So had some time to work out a new one and wanted to see what I could do in landscape mode full screen and really push the Droid during the boot sequence.

[video=youtube;mdO7RmE1ptE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdO7RmE1ptE"]Video of Bootscreen running on my Droid[/video]

There are actually more frames in the file than will play during my Droids boot time and all my efforts to push the framerate above 40 didn't seem to have any effect sadly, but it is still a beautiful animation taken from the open sequence of the show.

Dr Who bootanimation

How to install on your phone

Non rooted phones
Requires Android SDK
Download bootanimation and place in the tools folder of your Android SDK
Open Terminal on your computer
ADB push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
ADB shell
reboot
Watch and enjoy the animation.

Requires Rooted phones

Pushing on your phone
Save animation to /sdcard/
Open terminal emulator
$su
#cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
#reboot

Alternative method if cp doesn't work for you
Save animation to /sdcard/
Open terminal emulator
$su
#dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/data/local/bootanimation.zip
#reboot

J

JohnDroid

Youtube videos of these in action would be spectactular. Also, don't forget to tag your threads :)

OP
Topsy

Topsy

Reaction score
Youtube videos of these in action would be spectactular. Also, don't forget to tag your threads :)

Sure I can put together a video fairly soon. Unfortunately I didn't tag the thread and doesn't seem to be an option to tag when you edit :(

taypotts

Reaction score
I love this animation! I'm still using your matrix one. Any way you could make another one to say Loading instead of Dr Who?

blake2050

Reaction score
OK I appologize because this doesn't really have anything to do with your boot ani but I was curious about the frame rate thing. I made a couple of animations myself but am pretty much at a loss on how to edit the desc.txt. Any advice you have would be appreciated.