Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Download: New Swiftkey Beta

On 07.01.10, In Apps, by Kellex

The previous version of Swiftkey beta has expired, but don’t worry, we have the new version for you today! If you are not familiar with Swiftkey, let me just say that if you aren’t a fan of Swype, then this should be your on-screen keyboard. It predicts words and sentences like none other. Oh, it also supports at least a dozen different languages which could come in handy.
*For all users.
Improvements include:

- User language module handling
- Appearance and GUI rendering
- Punctuation handling
- Autocompletion / correction
- Third party app integration
- URL and email handling
- Decimal number entry
Download: Swiftkey-NEW.apk

Before installing this new version, make sure you UN-INSTALL the previous one.

droid-life.com

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ummm.....something new and a change. Looks like a regular keyboard. Why aren't I downloading this now?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the .apk file and tried to open it with Astro. I got a message saying it wouldn't open because it was a zip file. Then I noticed it changed to an Android and my phone locked up. I had to do a battery pull. Rebooting now.

I couldn't use my phone to download it because it's on Megaupload and I couldn't see the letters I was suppose to punch in.

Great. Now my Droid just rebooted. Shadez did you check this link out?

Last edited:

brochaos

Reaction score
this keyboard scares me. it knows what i'm saying better than i do. heck, sometimes i just go along with it's suggestions even if it isn't really what i wanted to say!

link is fine, app is fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I pulled it out of my SD card. It caused my phone to loop into reboot. As soon as I could I mounted my SD card after a 30 second battery pull. After I took it off my SD card everything returned to normal.

I'm not going to try it again.

darklipslide

Reaction score
Really like this app, i signed up for the beta originally, but never got an email. Was delighted to see this email pop up in my inbox today

kiwiguy

Reaction score
Perfect download for me. I think it is even better at guessing what I want to write than before!!! And recognizing web addresses so I do not have to backspace to remove the extra space after each period has got rid of my biggest gripe with the old version!!!

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This won't work if you download it over the phone. Download it to your computer and move the file to your SD card and then install it.

It's worth it.

I downloaded the .apk file and tried to open it with Astro. I got a message saying it wouldn't open because it was a zip file. Then I noticed it changed to an Android and my phone locked up. I had to do a battery pull. Rebooting now.

I couldn't use my phone to download it because it's on Megaupload and I couldn't see the letters I was suppose to punch in.

Great. Now my Droid just rebooted. Shadez did you check this link out?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This newest version seems to read my mind. It's remembering stuff better and suggesting periods and comma's where the old version did not. It's awesome.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure you would have posted themes for it if there were any right Shadez?

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
loving the new beta, keys are larger which was my main problem with the previous version.. this adds the keyboard size of the HTC IME keyboard w/ the already amazing text prediction..

now if we could just get some skins...

gatewayad

Reaction score
Ok this is a pretty cool keyboard, and you are right it's prediction is pretty cool and i'm finding i'm actually using some of the words they predict instead of using the word i was thinking of. kinda funny actually. Is there any way to get popup letters?? I cant seem to find out if they are there or not

J*Bishop

Reaction score
i'd like to try this out. would i need to uninstall swype?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you can have as many keyboards as you want installed. Just long press the text area and choose which one you want to use at the moment.