[Download] Market Update 3.1.3

Sixonefour

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
Sixonefour

Sixonefour

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope it fixes my bug which is that Market keeps forgetting which apps I have installed.

You're welcome. I never had that problem with the new market. They did add quite a bit of goodies in this release though.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
The package installer will not install through root explorer. Does this have to be put into a update.zip?

OP
Sixonefour

Sixonefour

Reaction score
The package installer will not install through root explorer. Does this have to be put into a update.zip?

I had the same issue, here is a link to a flashable Zip Market 3.1.3

Worked fine for me and to answer your question, no it does not need to be put into an update.zip! Try Chizzele's file and flash it like an update.zip

widetc

Reaction score
About 3days ago. I noticed on one of my apps that looks for updates for all of the apps on my phone. By the way the app is called "aTrackDog". It found a newer market 3.1.5 but so far I am unable to find it on the internet and the app cant download it yet. I was just wondering if any one has it or knows anything about this newer market? I'm currently on 3.1.3.

Thanks.​

Last edited:
OP
Sixonefour

Sixonefour

Reaction score
You should note which download is for the apk and which is for the zip,also add credit for whoever provided the files.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

The links all lead to an APK, and you're right I should give credit but I have no idea where I came across the two multiupload links anymore... so I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll delete them and throw MY multiupload account download link on there and give credit to ANDROID POLICE for the other link, thanks!

Your flashable zip is also now included in the OP - thanks!

Last edited:

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
After doing some research to fix the troubles I had with the market in this thread.. I have found that I was using WiFi most of the time to download from the market.

Perhaps something else fixed it... or maybe it will break again soon, but for now, I have fixed the issue by opening port 5228 - TCP only.

I honestly believe the real fix is something else, because I was having trouble downloading apps as 3G as well. But things are going smooth since I did that.

Port forwarding is not hard to do but it isn't for the novice computer user.
If you know what you're doing, it will only take a minute!

Within your router settings make these changes:
Single port forward port 5228 - 5228 TCP Only (UDP unnecessary) to your internal IP.

Incase you've never had to find your Android's internal IP before,,, single port forwarding will require your phones local (internal) IP address (as opposed to the external IP. To find it on a Motorola Droid simply:
HOME > MENU > SETTINGS > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi Settings > MENU AGAIN > Advanced (right button) >
You rinternal IP address will be listed right underneath MAC address.

Even if this isn't a fix.. it might be useful to someone else having market issues.

No links provided, although the port number was found on another site.
The port number and other information can be found on Google's Android market help forums (somewhere) among other Droid resources. Possibly even this site, although I missed it if it's on this site.

OP
Sixonefour

Sixonefour

Reaction score
After doing some research to fix the troubles I had with the market in this thread.. I have found that I was using WiFi most of the time to download from the market.

Perhaps something else fixed it... or maybe it will break again soon, but for now, I have fixed the issue by opening port 5228 - TCP only.

I honestly believe the real fix is something else, because I was having trouble downloading apps as 3G as well. But things are going smooth since I did that.

Port forwarding is not hard to do but it isn't for the novice computer user.
If you know what you're doing, it will only take a minute!

Within your router settings make these changes:
Single port forward port 5228 - 5228 TCP Only (UDP unnecessary) to your internal IP.

Incase you've never had to find your Android's internal IP before,,, single port forwarding will require your phones local (internal) IP address (as opposed to the external IP. To find it on a Motorola Droid simply:
HOME > MENU > SETTINGS > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi Settings > MENU AGAIN > Advanced (right button) >
You rinternal IP address will be listed right underneath MAC address.

Even if this isn't a fix.. it might be useful to someone else having market issues.

No links provided, although the port number was found on another site.
The port number and other information can be found on Google's Android market help forums (somewhere) among other Droid resources. Possibly even this site, although I missed it if it's on this site.

I'm glad you got it working. Have you tried the links since they were updated? I always use my WiFi and I've never had to forward any ports for my Droid. Is anyone else having issues with the download file? It worked flawless for me.

lepa71

Reaction score
Is market suppose to update itself? I looked at my applications and it says I have market 3.1.5