Down with the FCC if this actually happens

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they do, I'll no longer be a postpaid customer. I'll end up on some prepaid service.

silverfang77

Reaction score
This BS calls for a class action lawsuit from postpaid subscribers.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It doesn't warrant a lawsuit, because if/when this does come into play, it's going to be on the contract.

jev

Reaction score
Welcome to the future friends, where big brother knows what's good for you and your personal feelings and thoughts are not important because you're not part of the intellectual elite. The FCC panel, who consists of 5 people, get to decide what's best for us. Net neutrality is set to kill the internet as we know it. Get educated and call your representatives.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would rethink the title.... the FCC is supposed to regulate. They just dropped the ball on the last dozen supreme court cases challenging their authority to even regulate the internet. Know what's really messed up? Television & phone are considered communications but internet is not. Except when it comes to wire tapping.
Allot Communications and Openet.... what a perversion. Well that's the way it goes! Now the definition of net neutrality fits with ISP's.... makes my stomach hurt.

Taegost

Reaction score
Wow, talk about taking things out of context... There's a lot of skewed information out there about the net neutrality regulations, and as an fyi, Verizon Wireless is fighting *for* Net Neutrality

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
good to know Taegost, i was just saying IF.... i just started reading about all this, the point of my post was to gain more information and hopefully easy my fears.

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand. My friend posted something about the Net Neutrality discussion the FCC had last week, there are rumors flying around everywhere and a lot of people are crying wolf... They're putting these doomsday things out as fact before the actual regulation changes are posted :)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://m.gizmodo.com/5715673/fcc-net-neutrality-rules-slammed-from-all-sides
We will take a step back; in some form or another. It reminds me of how the internet used to be. I remember having to pay per minute on a baud modem.....only I wont be able to hide out in BBS boards. The main problem is the cable & telephone companies were permitted to become the main ISPs. That should have never been allowed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is not D2 specific so I'm moving it over to the Droid General Forum so the masses can really have at it. :D

My feelings are the President will step in if this happens. He owns a Blackberry, he will sympathize and yes, I did read the link in the post above mine. I'm not going to comment on that because it's sort of political and we don't allow political discussions in DF.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^How is any of this not entirely political? Not trying to goat you. Edit....never mind. I'm still waiting on the ability to buy my own cable box as promised in 1998.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^How is any of this not entirely political? Not trying to goat you.

Well, it's a discussion about a what's going on with the FCC and what the providers might be charging if the FCC allows it. I don't think that's political. If we were to refer to certain documentation that was in the linked thread above my post then yes, I would say that parts of that are political. But the subject itself? No, not at all.

Let's say if someone said "The President said that he would not allow this to happen and now look at what he did. He's not keeping his promises." That's political. My own comment said I feel that since the President owns a Blackberry he wouldn't allow it to happen. I don't think that's a political comment.

That's my feelings on that however if anyone objects to this and feels this is a political discussion let me know and I will consider shutting down the thread.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I was surprised to see this thread here due to the political nature of the FCC. I'd say shut it down but I've already got my rocks off so it's not really fair coming from me.