Dorid X Car Phone Book Tranfer Fails

gadgets906

Reaction score
Can not tranfer contacts to any of our vehicle using blue tooth. Old android had a hitch in the accept message in drop down menu. Where or how do we tranfer the contacts when the phone pairs to the vehicles?

johng1027

Reaction score
Can not tranfer contacts to any of our vehicle using blue tooth. Old android had a hitch in the accept message in drop down menu. Where or how do we tranfer the contacts when the phone pairs to the vehicles?
you can transfer your phonebook as well as your missed and dialed calls. When you connect via bluetooth you will notice on the Droid X, at the top of the screen there will be a white ballon that says that something is trying to access the phonebook. When that balloon appears, quickly drag it down to open it. once you have it open, you can check the box that says allow phonebook access. make sure you check the small box that says always allow, and your phonebook will download to your new device with no other problems.

meowguy

Reaction score
you can transfer your phonebook as well as your missed and dialed calls. When you connect via bluetooth you will notice on the Droid X, at the top of the screen there will be a white ballon that says that something is trying to access the phonebook. When that balloon appears, quickly drag it down to open it. once you have it open, you can check the box that says allow phonebook access. make sure you check the small box that says always allow, and your phonebook will download to your new device with no other problems.

I am new to this forum. I got my Droid Pro to sync with my VW Jetta Sport Wagon (9W3-Skoda BT) and did as you said (allowed phonebook access). The phone book transferred ok, but whenever I tried to dial by pressing a phonebook entry the bluetooth connection would drop. I attempted every hack I could imagine and finally had to give up and send the Droid back because I was nearing the end of my 30 trial period.

Any ideas on this one?

johoov

Reaction score
I have the droid x and I can get the phone to sync with the bluetooth to my mercedes, but I can't get the phonebook to download. I do not get the "balloon" on my phone. Any other suggestions? I really want to get this to work. It worked with my Eris and can't believe it won't work with the Droid X. Thank you for any advice!

meowguy

Reaction score
On the BlackBerry we have a "send phonebook" option on the bluetooth setup screen. I never had to use this on my VW, it just sucks the phonebook out of the phone by itself. But I did have to send the phonebook on my Lexus.

You could try not checking the box in the balloon. One person on the VW forum did not check the box and it sent the phonebook anyway and stayed paired perfectly. Had I kept my Droid Pro I would have tried that as a last resort.

So the procedure would be.
1. Erase the phone from the car Bluetooth. (delete, reset factory defaults, etc.)
2. Delete the car from the phone Bluetooth.
3. Set the car into pairing mode.
4. Set the phone into pairing mode.
5. When the balloon asks "allow access to the phonebook" check no.
6. Give it time to make the transfer.

See if that works.

johoov

Reaction score
I have tried for several weeks to get my contacts to sync with my 07 ML350 Mercedes. I don't get a "balloon" in my notifications when I try to sync. I get a error message on my car when I try to do the download of a file from my SD card. It acts like it isn't set up to access the file. When I had the droid eris... it synced my contacts all on its own... I don't know what to do to get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

blp47

Reaction score
You might not get a balloon. I got a message on the top and it said Permmission and when happens drag your finger down like the other post said quickly drag it down to open it. once you have it open, you can check the box that says allow phonebook access. make sure you check the small box that says always allow, and your phonebook will download to your new device with no other problems.

johoov

Reaction score
Thanks... but I don't get any type of notification on my phone when it links to Bluetooth. I have tried everything.. I have been defeated.
:(

You might not get a balloon. I got a message on the top and it said Permmission and when happens drag your finger down like the other post said quickly drag it down to open it. once you have it open, you can check the box that says allow phonebook access. make sure you check the small box that says always allow, and your phonebook will download to your new device with no other problems.