Dolphin Browser and future Adobe Flash Player

ErisHappy

Reaction score
I was curious about downloading Dolphin browser on my Eris ...But I kind of like the browser that comes with the eris. I just don't know if I'm missing out on something that maybe better. Is it faster ? Or is it really about the same? It probably not going to matter to me when Adobe in 2010 brings " Adobe flash player 10.1 to Android plattform smartphones and many other smartphones .Which would make the phone steaming hot !!! (I Hope the Eris is going to be one of those phones)... Remember Beepers, Pagers ? Wow! look at where we are today with the phones..Until than, I'm hoping someone who download Dolphin Browser already can tell me should I bother to download the app. Or Not ? ..:)

Guchi

Reaction score
i think dolphin is great. i highly recomend it. the pinch zoom works pretty well and the tab browsing is sweet

OP
ErisHappy

ErisHappy

Reaction score
Guchi , Does it rendered webpages well ? I have the eris does that make a difference. Are all Anddroid phones compatible with the Dolphin app. The pitch thing eris has that already ! I just going to have to just download it and see . I hope this file goes on the sd card ....

Last edited:

Guchi

Reaction score
does the eris browser have tabbed browsing?

OP
ErisHappy

ErisHappy

Reaction score
Is tabbed browsing opening multiple windows within the browser.?.Than yes I have that. Eris really has a nice browser. It's just when I'm bored with one browser I would like to have a choice to switch back and forth from one browser to another. Because I have feeling both browsers seem to have the same functionality !

Last edited:

Guchi

Reaction score
nice. well load it up and let us know how they compare!

OP
ErisHappy

ErisHappy

Reaction score
I finally installed it ! It's ok . Not as fast as the eris browser. maybe I have to give it some time ...I wasn't blown away ! It was what I thought it was going to be ..Just different " Looking Web Page browser" but pretty much the same functions . I think I 'll end up sticking with the original browser !

OP
ErisHappy

ErisHappy

Reaction score
I am really trying to be fair about the Dolphin Browser. So I played with the browser some more last night . O k So I'm I 'm trying to watch "Youtube" in the Dolphin Browser with Eris Droid..It was a kind of pointless because it didn't played the video (Yes I had wifi on ,clicked on use Htc flash player option) Nothing ...I end up getting out using the native browser to play the video ...with no problem ! I Don't really like Gesture Thing. But what I do like is the tabs convenience buttons that's pretty cool ! I also liked the start page options and the themes settings. I'll guess I keep the the Dolphin browser for a while. But I still Prefer the Eris native browser! Oh how I love this phone !...Come on Adobe Do The Right Thing Let us All have flash Player on Our phones. So none of this would really matter !!!

Last edited:

Guchi

Reaction score
i wish we could get the eris browser on the droid

OP
ErisHappy

ErisHappy

Reaction score
I wish we can get 2.0 Or 2.1 update for the eris. We are still 1.5 ...That Really Sucks ! What's wrong with the droid's browser ? I thought the upgrade would fix that.

OP
ErisHappy

ErisHappy

Reaction score
Really that's sad ! Hopefully Adobe flash player 10 in the future can fix that problem for you guys. Really no flash I am really shock with all the Hoopla for that phone this year ! You know, all new phones always have some kind of issues to work out ! (Including the Eris)...Etc....

kaplunkett

Reaction score
I updated my Eris to 2.1 (got the leaked Sense UI release since HTC kinda forgot about us...). Flash works pretty well in the HTC Browser - I'm an interactive designer and I can actually test my ads, including ones with video, and my website uses Flash navigation and that displays perfectly as well.
Dolphin Browser apparently doesn't support this plugin (neither does Opera, but why even go there...) so no dice for me. Otherwise I really like the tabs and such, but once you get flash goin' you kinda want flash to work...