Does your droid have this bug? Rooted or not!

Joeteck

Reaction score
1. unlock you phone.

2. Slide your keyboard open, then close it.

Does your ICON's Disappear? and then reappear a few seconds later?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. unlock you phone.

it's redraw, lag, a common ailment in droid phones. if you're rooted you can alleviate some of the redraw by adding a line to your /data/local.prop

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1, save and it should clear out a lot of redraws.

OP
J

Joeteck

Reaction score
1. unlock you phone.

it's redraw, lag, a common ailment in droid phones. if you're rooted you can alleviate some of the redraw by adding a line to your /data/local.prop

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1, save and it should clear out a lot of redraws.

how do you do that?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
are you rooted? if so, using root explorer or some file explorer go to /data and find the file local.prop...if it's not there create it.

add the line:

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
and save.

EDIT: you may not even need to be rooted. I've been rooted for as long as I remember so I dont know if its a requirement for this, but you can check it out and let me know

OP
J

Joeteck

Reaction score
are you rooted? if so, using root explorer or some file explorer go to /data and find the file local.prop...if it's not there create it.

add the line:

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
and save.

EDIT: you may not even need to be rooted. I've been rooted for as long as I remember so I dont know if its a requirement for this, but you can check it out and let me know

The data folder on the phone correct? Its empty.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

add the line:

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
and save.

It's empty? Nah you must be in the wrong folder...Im not talking about your Sdcard I'm talking about the phone's filesystem itself...you have to use a file explorer to see it and you most probably have to be rooted.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Mine just quickly redraws to portrait mode. No delay or lag. I am using launcher pro though, which I recommend.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine just quickly redraws to portrait mode. No delay or lag. I am using launcher pro though, which I recommend.

your lucky...mine redrew till i wanted to throw it against the wall...but the little edit i mentioned does work

OP
J

Joeteck

Reaction score

add the line:

Code:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
and save.

It's empty? Nah you must be in the wrong folder...Im not talking about your Sdcard I'm talking about the phone's filesystem itself...you have to use a file explorer to see it and you most probably have to be rooted.

I'm rooted. Running BB 0.6.2. Its empty...

Downloading launcher Pro now...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

i dont know why your /data/ folder would be empty...that makes zero sense...are you sure your not in /sdcard/data...you need to be in /data/...there's no chance it could be empty as many important system files reside there live davlik-cache batterystats, etc..

OP
J

Joeteck

Reaction score

i dont know why your /data/ folder would be empty...that makes zero sense...are you sure your not in /sdcard/data...you need to be in /data/...there's no chance it could be empty as many important system files reside there live davlik-cache batterystats, etc..

LOL, my sdcard/data folder has stuff in it...

Installed Launcher Pro... how do you access it??

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

just click home and it'll ask you if you want to use launcher pro, say yes and set as default if you like

OP
J

Joeteck

Reaction score

just click home and it'll ask you if you want to use launcher pro, say yes and set as default if you like

Very interesting... However, I went from 5 screens to 3... The lag is non existent now... How do you change the setting of it?