does wifi work on any froyo build??

ucpro

Reaction score
i have the insanely clean rom 1.1, not sure what build though, but i turn wifi on, then it says i'm on with an excellent connection, but i can't connect to anything. i've had this same problem with the kangerade, pete etc. i'm about to install the new cyanogen and see if that does anything.

is anybody else having this problem or is it just me. all of my other wireless devices work through my network except for the phone

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
did u apply any fix to get it working or did u get it going right after u installed ud

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
WiFi has worked for me for every Froyo I've tried from the 1st release once the wifi update was out to the next release to the "final" release. It also works in the CyanogenMod source rom I just compiled myself and installed.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
not sure about the radio part, i thought that just had to do with 3g, my baseband version is c_01.3e.01p

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I've had similar issues with all of the froyo roms. I can connect to wifi and use it for a short while and I can't browse anything anymore. Even though my status bar shows three to full bars of wifi signal, it won't transfer any data. HUGE flaw in Froyo roms. Not sure if it might be the new baseband but i didn't notice these problems until I flashed the newest one. Once again, not saying it was the baseband but that could also be a cause.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
i can confirm wifi works on my ROM Insanely Clean v1 and v1.1 and what im on v1.2. sounds like a hardware issue with your phone or your router.

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I have never had any issues with WiFi on 2.1 roms. as soon as I flashed froyo, WiFi was straight up broken. I've tried BB, UD, Sapphire, and now CM 6. All have had issues. I have even had issues on a separate droid. I had a replacement sent in b/c my lock/standby button on my old droid was broken (also had wifi issues after froyo). Once I sent my old one in, rooted my "new" droid, and flashed froyo on it, WiFi was bugging out all over again.

RemyL75

Reaction score
I flashed my baseband when they first came out, just be sure. I haven't had any wifi issues from any of the Froyo ROMs. UD, Kangarade, CM, BB and even the first ones with no tweaks. My baseband is C_01.43.01P

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
i can confirm wifi works on my ROM Insanely Clean v1 and v1.1 and what im on v1.2. sounds like a hardware issue with your phone or your router.

what could be wrong. it worked fine before going to froyo. it'll work for 1 or 2 pages then after that it's done

biz79

Reaction score
My WIFI has also been fine out the box on every rom I've tried including 2.0, 2.1 and the newer Froyo releases by Pete.

I know my cousin has problems with maintaining connections with his droid and his Apple wireless router before (on pre Froyo releases). So maybe droids don't like certain routers? My home router is Linksys WRT54GL.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
the only problem i've seen consistently with any 2.2 rom or stock i've used is that it won't automatically connect when i'm at home... i open up wifi settings, and it immediately says "getting password for ..." and connects, but i can sit there forever and it won't automatically connect unless i open up the settings

not a huge deal for me since i normally don't connect to wifi unless i need it for speed, b/c it takes up more battery life, and i just put a shortcut to wifi settings on my homescreen next to my power manager

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wifi worked for me on "more froyo", ss4.1, ss4.2, sapphire .7, and sapphire .8.4

I never had to do anything other than occasionally re-enter my wifi password right after initially loading a new rom. Usually it managed to keep it moving from rom to rom.

Did cyanogen work?