Does phonemypc just not work?

mike_kauble

Reaction score
I keep getting "no hosts found"

Documentation is kinda sparce. I feel as though I'm missing a step.

I've tried at home and at work. Any ideas?

Thanks

-Mike

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC ROCKS on Droid!

Hi Mike,

The 99% solution for the "No Hosts" problem is to change your credentials on both the PC and Phone; chances are you typed one pair differently than the other (perhaps a capitalization, etc.).

We picked up our first Droid on Friday and worked long hours over the weekend to get the Multi-touch and other PhoneMyPC features up to the quality level you'd expect on such an awesome phone. Droid now provides the best user-experience for this software.

If all else fails, email [email protected]. We're quick to respond, and we'll always get things figured out.

Cheers!
The PhoneMyPC Team
SoftwareForMe.com

OP
M

mike_kauble

Reaction score
I'll check. I'm really excited about this phone AND your software.

I'll email you if it doesn't work.

Thanks.

-Mike

Russell

Reaction score
The fact that you came to post here and help your customer on an unrelated forum says a lot. I had already bookmarked your app on Androlib while I wait for my Droid.

I will buy your app first. Thanks.

- Russell

Reaction score
Thank you for the positive comment, Russell.

We really want people to get the most our of our software. But, for us it's more like geeky excitement than business. We just think Android is cool :)

The PhoneMyPC Team
SoftwareForMe.com

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for the positive comment, Russell.

We really want people to get the most our of our software. But, for us it's more like geeky excitement than business. We just think Android is cool :)

The PhoneMyPC Team
SoftwareForMe.com

I'm also glad we are getting devs out here on the forums addressing issues that users may have with the device. Thanks for replying :)

samredman

Reaction score
PhonemyPC... is a miracle app. I am using it actually as my browser (I access my desktop and browse on it). It gives much better screen navigation and is immediately responsive (plus it does the iphone pinch and expand touch gesturing). It is a remarkablely done product. When they get the sound working (they say that's coming) this will be the totally complete product.

When I now show people my Droid... I launch this app and let them see me working my desktop machine. It's amazing.

Finnstang

Reaction score

Thanks

-Mike

Hi Mike,

The 99% solution for the "No Hosts" problem is to change your credentials on both the PC and Phone; chances are you typed one pair differently than the other (perhaps a capitalization, etc.).

We picked up our first Droid on Friday and worked long hours over the weekend to get the Multi-touch and other PhoneMyPC features up to the quality level you'd expect on such an awesome phone. Droid now provides the best user-experience for this software.

If all else fails, email [email protected]. We're quick to respond, and we'll always get things figured out.

Cheers!
The PhoneMyPC Team
SoftwareForMe.com
Yeah...I go the No Hosts message at first and it ended up being a stray space at the end of the login username.

This app is very cool.

Inundated

Reaction score
I had the "No hosts available" problem when there clearly was a host...this one. I don't know why it did that, but it works now.

Full cursor mode is invaluable, and basically means I can control the computer with relative ease!

badass3000

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC is awesome!
It would be nice to have the D-pad scroll the webpage up/down left/right.
maybe the camera button could be a scroll down button?

CaptainDango

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC is the absolute best app for the Droid.

It's soo good it gives me the chills the first time I used it. I installed it on my sister's laptop without her knowing, then I proceeded to log in and control it from my Droid while she was doing her h/w.

You should have seen her running out of her room screaming, "I HAVE A GHOST IN MY ROOM!!!!!"

Freaking priceless.

JLB09

Reaction score

It's soo good it gives me the chills the first time I used it. I installed it on my sister's laptop without her knowing, then I proceeded to log in and control it from my Droid while she was doing her h/w.

You should have seen her running out of her room screaming, "I HAVE A GHOST IN MY ROOM!!!!!"

Freaking priceless.

This is truly a funny little story. I might try this with my sons.

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score

Freaking priceless.

I did this to my girlfriend and she was freaking out. LOL

This app is definitely amazing, and WELL worth the $10 that it's going for right now. :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use two APPS right now that I believe PhoneMyPC can replace I just wanna be sure...

1. GmoteServer - works as a remote for my computer to play audio and video from say on the couch across the room

2. EStrong File Explorer - Copy, Cut, Paste files to/from DROID and PC

I understand I'll have the ability to view my desktop but what advantages over the programs I use does PhoneMyPC really provide? I'm not sure I quite understand the remote browser....

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Cheers!
The PhoneMyPC Team
SoftwareForMe.com
Yeah...I go the No Hosts message at first and it ended up being a stray space at the end of the login username.

This app is very cool.
i bought this and spent about 2 hours trying to figure out why no host....i gave up and uninstalled/refund. should i try again? if i repurchase it and it still doesn't work can i get a refund again? i want this to work really bad :(