Does anyone personally know someone who got a soak test update?

neilrl79

Reaction score
As the title states, on all of the forums i've been on no one has said they got it or knew someone that got it.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
The moto forum has someone that said they got the update, but calling a SOAK test update is incorrect. There apparently has not been a SOAK test yet.

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
The moto forum has someone that said they got the update, but calling a SOAK test update is incorrect. There apparently has not been a SOAK test yet.

Yeah, that's kind of my point, I know of one person with an eval phone that said they got an update then a few days later one other person said thay got an update on a refurb they received. The leaked update has been labled as the soak test update, but has there actually been a soak?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
A user on mydroidworld got the update OTA on their phone. A user on motorola support forums got it OTA on their dev phone. Those are the only two I've heard/read of.

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
It just seems weird to me that we haven't heard more people talk about the getting the update, I know MOTO tells the people they need to keep quiet about it but people love to brag about stuff. Just make me a little curious is all.

btonetbone

Reaction score
The soak test has not yet begun.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/460846#460846

I am guessing people are seeing a few developer phones that are pre-soak. Think of them as a beta, whereas the soak will be more of a release candidate. They probably want to work out as many bugs as possible internally before allowing some people to try it on their official phones.

akhi216

Reaction score
The soak test has not yet begun.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/460846#460846

I am guessing people are seeing a few developer phones that are pre-soak. Think of them as a beta, whereas the soak will be more of a release candidate. They probably want to work out as many bugs as possible internally before allowing some people to try it on their official phones.

Link is invalid sir.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
Link must not work on mobile. My apologies. Carry on.

What's on the link?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of my point, I know of one person with an eval phone that said they got an update then a few days later one other person said thay got an update on a refurb they received. The leaked update has been labled as the soak test update, but has there actually been a soak?

Yeah, well there are folks calling it an OTA update as well. My OCD muscle twitches sometimes.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Well both the dev phone and the refurb phone a user received, got the update OverTheAir, so for them it was an OTA update. I can see where that might confuse some.

Still, this was placed on Motorola's update servers that push OverTheAir updates, that's how it was found and downloaded manually.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Yeah, but my OCD muscle will still twitch, not because their so terribly and unforgiveably wrong mind you, but because when the OTA update does come out there's going to be some confusion for some folks.