Does anyone know what Pete has in store for BBv0.5?

QG9721

Reaction score
I was just wondering what Pete is cooking up next? Post your thoughts on what Pete has in store for us next!

BBv0.4, XTheme, Chevy's ulow 1.0ghz kernel, HTC IME Keyboard

cuzzinz

Reaction score
I was just wondering what Pete is cooking up next? Post your thoughts on what Pete has in store for us next!

BBv0.4, XTheme, Chevy's ulow 1.0ghz kernel, HTC IME Keyboard

HAHA... a Droid X maybe? lol

I just hope that Peter has a newer build of 2.2 for us...

That and maybe so small fixes and bug fixes and such.

The biggest thing personally that annoys me about 2.2 is that google talk notifications dont always clear when chatting with someone...

And the inclusion of the signature in REPY/FW emails in the email application. It is pretty lame considering that GMAIL will add your signature inline to every email... reply or not but the stock application wont. (this sucks even worse since HTC phones have this included in their email application)

compywiz

Reaction score
My guess is that we're not going to see a new release until the final Froyo release for droid (by verizon) is out.

BladeOfAnduril

Reaction score
Personally I'd love to see Pete build a BuglessBeast from source. That would be truly awesome! dancedroid

bradl3y

Reaction score
i hope he makes it from source. im pretty content with v.4

tktouch12

Reaction score
i dont think he needs to build it from source, because lets think about it, his rom is better than any other froyo rom out there, built from source or not. so it doesnt need to be. he just needs to keep it up with his amazing tweaks and memory managment things

HarshReality

Reaction score
i dont think he needs to build it from source, because lets think about it, his rom is better than any other froyo rom out there, built from source or not.

Agreed but you have to admit its far simpler to 'tweak out' from the ground up rather than take the bits and pieces others throw out and mess with prefab executables.

As for built from source and not mattering because of the merits of the ROM. Im not comparing Pete but you might recall another such ROM that was not built from source but laid claims to it. That instance regardless of its quality clearly did make a difference. Granted there were circumstances nobody wishes to dig back up but in the end stamping your name on something you have made from the ground up will always be better than tweaking out pre-made work. And its far easier to do a thank you/credit list when there are alot fewer names on the finished product.

suzook

Reaction score
how about the proximitty sensor being fixed. This Rom is the best to date, but i hate hanging up on peeps accidently.

SDC_Bolts

Reaction score
I have not had too many issues with BBv.04, only complaint I have is every now and then when going back to home screen (ADW Launcher) all icons and widget are gone momentarily. They come back and all is well, as long as it doesn't start happening more often.

As far as the built from source comment. I am sick and tired of hear and reading this crap about Pete not building from source, some how not building from source is lower class. I use built from source ROMS, and you know what, I always end up back at Bugless, so built from source or not, it is done right and does a lot of things behind the scenes that help out people with memory management and overclocking.

Petes ROMs just plain work, and work well. On my phone I cannot find another ROM that tests higher the way I use my phone, that includes all the big ones with their own forums on this site. They are all great devs and push each other to be better, but really, what is the big deal if it is from source or not, please explain if you would. I have never heard of Pete even claiming this about his ROMS.