Does anyone have a DX2 that doesn't have problems?

georgepetro

Reaction score
I'm in the first two weeks of my contract, so I can still take my DX2 back and get a different phone. I really like the X2, but I haven't found one that doesn't shut off by itself. Also learning about all the problems with the music player makes me weary.
Does anyone have a X2 that doesn't have problems? I really like Android phones, but after reading posts on this forum and other sites I've learned that people are having serious issues with all drioids. I don't want to go Apple, but is that what I have to do to get a good phone that works well?

deborah3756

Reaction score
In my opinion, no matter where you go there will be a problem or two with smartphones.

I have had DX2 for a couple of months and have had very little problems.

Yes, it has shut off a couple of times but, from my understanding it maybe due to software.

I uninstalled a couple of apps that may have been the problem and the shutting off at will has cut down significantly.

Love my DX2!
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I think everyone has a problem or two, it's still the best smart phone I've ever had.

My X2 has shut off twice but after a hard reset nothing.

The music stutter is a very small problem for me:
1. I have to multi-task to even get it to do it.
2. When I listen to music while I work at the bench or when I hike, so there's no reason to search the web.
3. Most of the listening I do is over Bluetooth and this seems to minimize the problem.
4. When I listen to music, I uh, well listen to music, I don't check my emails or search the web.

I have 94 apps down loaded and the phone is still snappy.

It's been a great phone for me, but you are the one that has to be happy with it.

les017

Reaction score
My wife has had hers for a couple of months and it's been nearly flawless. It's rebooted twice total and OTA update cured the music issues. Also, setting battery/performance to "performance" has alleviated any minor jitter/lag. If it weren't for my Bionic, as well as other high-end phones coming out near term, I'd not hesitate at all to get one for myself.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My wife has had hers for a couple of months and it's been nearly flawless. It's rebooted twice total and OTA update cured the music issues. Also, setting battery/performance to "performance" has alleviated any minor jitter/lag. If it weren't for my Bionic, as well as other high-end phones coming out near term, I'd not hesitate at all to get one for myself.

Brilliant about the "performance" settings in battery & data manager it seems to cause more harm than good.
Go "performance" all they way, I never notices very much battery savings, perhaps 10%?

smokeguy1

Reaction score
Had my moto dx2 for months now and flawless thus far.

MetalWych

Reaction score
I have not had one issue worth talking about since I ditched Moto's botched GB. Its was fairly bad for the DX and unforgivable for the DX2. When I got my DX2, it came With GB, it was buggy, stuttered with anything that made noise and constantly rebooted. That was until I got the ROMS on it. Now, it's all cool!

Sent from my DROID X2 W/ Eclipse V0.7 using DroidForums

MatchesMalone

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my DX2 outside of a weird SMS issue last week. Like many have mentioned, when I listen to music I'm working out not surfing.

Big fan of the DX2. IMHO it's one of the sleeper phones out there. There is no interest on my part to go 4G until the battery life improves and the DX2 provides great performance even without 4G.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Loved/love my dx2... No issues other than it sits in backup status in the drawer now that I'm working my Bionic!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

vvildcard

Reaction score
No problems here after a few easy to install tweaks.

srvctec

Reaction score
I've had my DX2 since June and the only issue I had was multiple duplicate SMS received once in a while. That is, until the GB update. No more issues since the update except for one reboot and one shut down in 2 months- not bad if you ask me. I did to a factory reset also, shortly after the GB update just to start fresh. I currently have 73 apps loaded and couldn't be happier with my DX2. I don't use it for listening to music- that's what my Mp3 player is for.

ncgamecock

Reaction score
I've had my X2 for 5 weeks, came with GB installed. I've only had two random reboots, no stuttering with music or video, and the screen and camera are great. Battery easily goes over 15 hours. Very satisfied!

OP
G

georgepetro

Reaction score
My replacement has only rebooted once since I got it. I have really come to like this phone, so I've decided to keep it. dancedroid ​DROID