Does anyone else think this is stupid?

azules9780

Reaction score
I downloaded and just started using chrome for the whole chrome to phone thing I have on my phone with froyo now. Well it says you can use the address bar as a search bar or basically whatever you want to use it for. Does anyone think that it is stupid for me to type in a keyword to search for it only to have BING do the searching? Umm, Google, I use all of your products for a reason and it's not so I can search with Bing!

Any thoughts, or am I just really tired and missing a setting I need to adjust?

gszeman

Reaction score
Click the wrench in the toolbar.
Go down to Options.
Under the basic tab, select Google as the default search provider.

Or use Firefox like I do and get the "Send to Phone" add-on :)

I just really can't get used to Chrome...

Reaction score
I don't like Chrome for the fact that it doesn't have the drop down address bar like every other browser. I won't be worrying about Chrome to phone cause it is stupid.

Dmoralize

Reaction score
You can also get to that search setting by right clicking in the address bar and selecting "Edit Search Engines".

Love Chrome. Still the fastest browser for me.

iPirate

Reaction score
It fast because it makes a new thread for each website giving more processing time to each page.

I just started to use chrome as my default browser and I love it, I see no reason to go back to FF

littlerick

Reaction score
i've used chrome to phone several times sending me links to download new roms or kernels and various driving directions. i didnt think i would use it at first now i'm hooked

aldaudio

Reaction score
how do you get chrome? just download Fake Google Chrome?

ive tried searcing for ChromeToPhone and cant find anything....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

aldaudio

Reaction score
Downloads - chrometophone - Project Hosting on Google Code

There's also a Firefox extension, thats what I use:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161941/

i've used chrome to phone several times sending me links to download new roms or kernels and various driving directions. i didnt think i would use it at first now i'm hooked

U aint the only one......I'm about to download a ROM to my phone now...lol

thanks for the links. what is that first file on the chrome link?

edit: nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The first file is the extension for the Chrome browser. U install it like Firefox extensions: drag it into the browser and it auto installs.

perfoliate

Reaction score
Not sure if this is related to chrome to phone. But I just noticed this today and I have to say it's pretty awesome and painless.

Using Internet explorer I can search an address in the google search bar. Click on the maps. Get driving directions from my location. Okay so this is all pretty standard right.

This is where it gets good. I can pick up my phone (running frf57) five seconds later. click on maps. choose get directions. As soon as I begin to type in the address bar it will pop up with address that I had just searched for seconds before on my pc. that's pretty fast syncing imo :D

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think that it is stupid for me to type in a keyword to search for it only to have BING do the searching?
Kinda depends on who you're tagging with the stupid label... :p

Sometimes it's best to walk away from something for a while and then approach it again later. Be very careful with throwing the word stupid around.

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Does anyone think that it is stupid for me to type in a keyword to search for it only to have BING do the searching?

Sometimes it's best to walk away from something for a while and then approach it again later. Be very careful with throwing the word stupid around.

Yeah, definitely right about walking away for a minute...

Clearly I was tired but it just makes sense to me that google's web browser would install their own search engine as the default for that web browser and then give me the option to go to bing if I wanted to, not the other way around. Maybe it's just me... anyway, I did change it to make google chrome have google as my default search.

eliassami5

Reaction score

Yeah, definitely right about walking away for a minute...

Clearly I was tired but it just makes sense to me that google's web browser would install their own search engine as the default for that web browser and then give me the option to go to bing if I wanted to, not the other way around. Maybe it's just me... anyway, I did change it to make google chrome have google as my default search.

mine used google as the default search engine..must just be you

At first coming from firefox Google chrome took a while to get used to..but once i did and started adding extentions and things i liked i started loving the browser even more. There is even an Android skin for chrome..here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/oeljdmeofcikjblcoehpmdnooimalbmj?hl=en

Its super quick and the incognito browser frikkin rox! Plus the fact that i can accidentally exit all of my tabs and then just open up a new tab, go to the bottom of the screen and reopen all the recently closed tabs, and it even keeps all the history so i can go back once i open all the tabs again. Its just a great browser once you get to familiarize yourself with it.

Last edited: