Dockstation / HDMI Connected Cable

droidrazrbrasil

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm writing from Brasil, and DroidForums is the best way to find some help before sending my phone to Motorola Brasil labs to fix it, I hope someone here may help me out with this.

Suddenly (yesterday evening) my Droid started to act weird, it insist on turning the DOCK STATION MODE ON, without a dockstation attached. The second error would be that it keeps detecting HDMI output cable (without any cable) and there's an anonying pop-up asking me to choose one desired action: Gallery, Music or Mirror on Screen, actions suposed to be shown on your TV thru HDMI Cable.

So, even trying the task manager to close both apps/functions it keeps coming back over and over. To have an Idea, my Razr at home screen, when I turn the phone to horizontal, the entire screen goes Landscape mode and the DOCK STATION MODE turns on. This is not normal.

I've restarted the phone several times, but the issues still persists.
Anyone have an idea of what I could do to fix this and even better, see what caused these errors?

Many thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Last edited:

bladi

Reaction score
I just started experiencing the same problem, what was your fix?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi all!

I'm writing from Brasil, and DroidForums is the best way to find some help before sending my phone to Motorola Brasil labs to fix it, I hope someone here may help me out with this.

Suddenly (yesterday evening) my Droid started to act weird, it insist on turning the DOCK STATION MODE ON, without a dockstation attached. The second error would be that it keeps detecting HDMI output cable (without any cable) and there's an anonying pop-up asking me to choose one desired action: Gallery, Music or Mirror on Screen, actions suposed to be shown on your TV thru HDMI Cable.

So, even trying the task manager to close both apps/functions it keeps coming back over and over. To have an Idea, my Razr at home screen, when I turn the phone to horizontal, the entire screen goes Landscape mode and the DOCK STATION MODE turns on. This is not normal.

I've restarted the phone several times, but the issues still persists.
Anyone have an idea of what I could do to fix this and even better, see what caused these errors?

Many thanks in advance! :biggrin:

My first question would be are we talking about a phone that has been rooted, or had a non-Motorola/Verizon rom flashed? What apps are you running? Have you tried running in Safe mode (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/200128-accessing-safe-mode-your-razr.html ) to see if the problem persists? Do you have data on the phone that you would be upset about losing or can you do the full Factory reset?

bladi

Reaction score
connecting to HDMI keep on showing up and I don't even have a HDMI cable, the moto docking service is turning on all the time even after I manually turned it off at the setting. The apps is also killing the battery. The camera screen stop working when the moto docking apps is on, and there is no way of unstalling the apps. I tried all the mode and it shows the problem, the droid razr gets hot after a while, I went to verizon and a lot of people are having same issue, they are going to sent me a refurbish phone for fix because they don't have an answere to this problem, I bought a new phone about a month 1/2 ago and now getting a refurbish for a replacement. I have been with verizon for ten years and this is the service I get.

Reaction score
My first question would be are we talking about a phone that has been rooted, or had a non-Motorola/Verizon rom flashed? What apps are you running? Have you tried running in Safe mode (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/200128-accessing-safe-mode-your-razr.html ) to see if the problem persists? Do you have data on the phone that you would be upset about losing or can you do the full Factory reset?

This is the same problem I have been talking about in my post here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/202545-camera-not-working-hdmi-notification.html

In summary - Not rooted, problem persists in Safe Mode and Factory Reset didn't fix problem. I think I've exhausted all options and will now have to go to the store and/or call VZW for a replacement.

NIKAS

Reaction score
Motorola Razr "FANTOM MESSAGE" HDMI CABLE HOOKED UP : SELECT DOCK TYPE (not true)

apparently i have heard that there are "HARDWARE" "PORT" issues directly related to the problem... and Therefore no amount of resetting or factory resetting or hard resetting only DEALS with the software here to no avail...which in not the larger problem at hand, hence these type of fixes are temporary and the actual "HARDWARE PORT" issue problem persists...

apparently the HDMI input plug and the POWER input plug are NEXT TO EACH OTHER on the same circuit board and somehow this is causing an overlapping short circuit interference / disruption / glitch

A simple test for this is to insert your power cord into the outlet and wiggle it a bit; You will find that these 2 input outlets move WITH dependence with each other... conversely if you'f screen is currently sideways as is "thinks you are trying to be in DOCK MODE"... if you wiggle the hdmi or power cords... these issues go away completely for a bit... or untill you put the phone back in your pocket and create additions lateral 'FLEXXING" of the phone for when it all goe haywire again....

Clearly these 2 VERY IMPORTANT circuits are overlapped in some way and no about of software resets to factory or othe will work when it's hard wired for failure.

Time to get a new phone is this is your problem... keep getting a replacement phone until you get on with no issues!!

best of luck ~~ nikas