Do you use the 2.2 Launcher or do you use an Alternative Launcher?

gregsjh13

Reaction score
I really want to use to stock 2.2 launcher but i find it to be laggy compared to Launcher Pro Beta.What launcher do you use?

warrior21

Reaction score
I use ADW also. Haven't tried launcher pro yet

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Helix. I like the app drawer better than the other pop-out displays. It gives me the number of screens I need, customizable anchor apps on the drawer, and I've used MM to make it clearer and change the drawer handle.

warrior21

Reaction score
Helix. I like the app drawer better than the other pop-out displays. It gives me the number of screens I need, customizable anchor apps on the drawer, and I've used MM to make it clearer and change the drawer handle.
Once I switched to 2.2 I don't see Helix in the market anymore. Did it get removed?

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Launcher Pro is the only way to go in my opinion. Especially with the latest update! It now allows you to adjust the speed of screen scrolling! Lots of user options.

Launcher Pro will be very difficult to beat!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Launcher Pro now has scrollable widgets in the latest update along with other user tweaks.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Once I switched to 2.2 I don't see Helix in the market anymore. Did it get removed?

Search for Market Fix. Apply as an update.zip and your apps will show in the market again. I think some apps are required to be installed in a protected area of Droid and if you are running a 2.2 that has nto been officially released those apps won't show because your device is not trusted. The Market Fix fools thew market to think you have a trusted device. (This is a total WAG on my part).

Nate

diverbelow

Reaction score
I am using the froyo stock launcher. The stock launcher is working way faster for me.

Tried Helix with 2.1, and using the cards to switch to a different screen was slower. I was o/c'ed to 1.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Oh...and I am using Launcher Pro Beta also. I have not tried Helix or ADW so have no opine on them. LPB works though.

Nate

Darthvong

Reaction score
Sticking with the stock 2.2 launcher. It's very fast for me and I love the 3D look to it.

Kmart95

Reaction score
I use adw, I have tried petty much all launchers and it came down to launcher pro and adw, I chose adw simply because imo it looks better.

Sent from my Droid