do you have to purchase the $20 hotspot option?

justjosh

Reaction score
See title. do you have to add the 20 dollar a month hotspot feature to your plan to get the x or is it optional ??

Reaction score
I heard through some individuals with other smart phones that if you tether through blue tooth and not through a cable or hotspot wifi you can get internet without the carrier noticing the tethering option being used. I could be wrong...

hendrix

Reaction score
As it has been said many times in these forums...

There are 3 types of tethering.

Official tethering: sets up a hot spot allowing 5 computers to connect, costs $20/month for 2 gigs of data.

Nonroot tether: Allows you to tether using a USB cable or bluetooth. Usually have to pay for the app but it piggy backs on your existing data plan. No monthly fees.

Root tether: Sets up wifi hotspot, totally free, as many people that want can connect to your phone and get internet.

First 2 options are 100% possible. the 3rd option will depend on if we get root or not.

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you go through to root tether? That is if we get root.

Reaction score
That makes things so much more simple as Verizon cut all of the installs of high speed to my area...