Do I have too many folders in my gallery?

Dream

Reaction score
I feel like I have way too many folders in my gallery and im not sure why. I have checked out a few other people's Droid's and they only have half the folders I have.

I have:
Camera Pic's
Camera Video's
Camera Media
All Picture's
All Video's
Video's
and 2 download folders

This seems odd to me. What am I doing wrong?

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Ill add a few screen shots of what my folders look like from my pc

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel like I have way too many folders in my gallery and im not sure why. I have checked out a few other people's Droid's and they only have half the folders I have.

I have:
Camera Pic's
Camera Video's
Camera Media
All Picture's
All Video's
Video's
and 2 download folders

what's odd about it?

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Just seems like I have too many folders with the same files in them. I just dont want duplicate stuff I guess. So this is normal?

Silver Member
Reaction score
it's the gallery doing its job. it's sorting images based on what it finds. it lists your folder structure, what the camera does and all images found.

imiller913

Reaction score

I have:
Camera Pic's
Camera Video's
Camera Media
All Picture's
All Video's
Video's
and 2 download folders

I thought it was odd to but it is just the way it is set up. But I think its cool it breaks it down like that.

shamus

Reaction score
I hate it too! And I've been trying to find a solution but sadly, no luck yet.
I feel like I don't need multiple folders with the same files.

hacku

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Here's what I have:

* Camera Pictures
* Camera Videos
* Camera Media (which has the camera pictures and videos) <== why?
* FxCamera (pictures from an app) <== These should just be saved in the Camera Pictures folder
* All Pictures (has Camera Pictures and FxCamera pictures) <== again, why?

I would just like to have 2 folders and have everything saved there. One folder for pictures and one folder for videos.

It's just really redundant and annoying.

Can anyone help?

EDIT 1:

Ok, so I looked through the FxCamera settings and I can actually have it save the pictures to the default Camera Pictures folder so that will be one less folder to worry about. I would just like to get rid of the Camera Media and the All Pictures Folders for good.

EDIT 2:

After making the changes to the FxCamera and moving the pictures over and deleting the folder, the All Pictures folder disappeared. Now I only have 3 folders left, but would still like to get rid of the Camera Media folder which just basically includes the Camera Pictures and Camera Video files.

Troy

Reaction score
It would be nice to have folders and subfolders. I haven't been able to figure that one out yet either.