DMUpdater 12

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
installing DM12 won't unroot your phone (at least it didn't for me). as far as the update, i don't know about that version of BB. but, if you have SPRecovery, allowing the update should just allow it to download, but SPR will block its install. that way, you will stay rooted and you won't keep getting the notifications that a system update is available.

also, if memory serves, i think pete posted a thread in the BB forum w/ a dl that would block the ota update - you might want to check that out, as well...

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Can someone explain this app to a DM n00b (me), please?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

NetNathan

Reaction score
installing DM12 won't unroot your phone (at least it didn't for me). as far as the update, i don't know about that version of BB. but, if you have SPRecovery, allowing the update should just allow it to download, but SPR will block its install. that way, you will stay rooted and you won't keep getting the notifications that a system update is available.

also, if memory serves, i think pete posted a thread in the BB forum w/ a dl that would block the ota update - you might want to check that out, as well...

I was under the impression that it will also unroot your phone if desired.
I guess I can use ROM Manager to go back to stock.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm sorry - i misunderstood. i thought you were asking if it could cause you to inadvertently lose root - it doesn't do that (some of the "one button" root processes out there seem to have this issue). but, if you want to unroot, it will assist you in going back to stock. sorry if i was misleading...

I was under the impression that it will also unroot your phone if desired.
I guess I can use ROM Manager to go back to stock.

Last edited:
OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:clap::clap::clap:

<snip>Good job putting a link in pc747

Sorry, but I just have to know. What link did I leave out of the OP?

And for the rest who might be having the renaming problems, if you read the linked post in the OP of this thread, it is suggested there to download the file with your phone's browser to get a more harmonious outcome.

good luck

Last edited:

kokiangel

Reaction score
I kept getting the same error message that I am out of memory when I click to update my recovery image. Found that a reboot of my phone took care of the problem. Yea! DMUpdater is good to go!

neemo6

Reaction score
Just installed durden 2.2, just going though some apps to make sure they play nice w/ the new rom. First im having issues w/ Youtube not playing any videos. I hear sound just fine, but no video. Anyone having the some troubles?

LordPlural

Reaction score
Same problem with youtube playing audio with no video. Also, it seems to like to crash switching from high quality down to low.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a known issue. Hop onto the irc #droidmod and let em know though.

manhatton

Reaction score
Have DMU12 installed but getting an error reading the device. There's a line about contacting Camel with info, but with droidmod forums down, I'm not sure how to do that. Currently running Lithium Mod, not sure if that is causing the issue...

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
How about trying the method in the post just before yours? Or there is e-mail.

good luck

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Is there a how-to somewhere specifically for DM Updater?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:clap::clap::clap:

<snip>Good job putting a link in pc747

Sorry, but I just have to know. What link did I leave out of the OP?

And for the rest who might be having the renaming problems, if you read the linked post in the OP of this thread, it is suggested there to download the file with your phone's browser to get a more harmonious outcome.

good luck

I guess you didn't leave it out it was just not as obvious as the one in PC747 that led to the actual download. Thank you.

Now so far I have successfully gone from my FRG01B and then I applied the patch/upgrade to FRG022D.

Now I don't think anybody as asked this yet but has anybody tried this using a Droid 2? I would love to root my Droid 2 with this. Since both phones are so similar I'm kind of hoping……??????

Anyone?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
hook...don't think it will root any device yet, at least that's what I understood.

Hope that's what you were asking.

Btw, any screenshots of Durden or is it a stock look rom?

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I doubt this will work for the droid 2. The root method in it hasn't been updated for anything yet. If they uppdate it in the future with the root exploid, it might work for D2, but I wouldn't even try it now. Rootzwiki has a D2 root method though.