Divorced from Blackberry

Goose4213

Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm awaiting the arrival of my new Moto Droid X on 3/15. Can't wait! I've been married to Blackberry for quite some time, starting from being force fed by a previous employer. I've wanted/demanded more out of a smart phone, and am pretty sure I'll be rewarded with the X! I've been reading various posts trying to acclamate myself with some of the things Droid X has to offer :icon_eek:. Looking forward to many return trips to droid forums!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I certainly hope you enjoy the switch, and have a feeling you will. Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask questions.

tappin and a talkin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm awaiting the arrival of my new Moto Droid X on 3/15. Can't wait! I've been married to Blackberry for quite some time, starting from being force fed by a previous employer. I've wanted/demanded more out of a smart phone, and am pretty sure I'll be rewarded with the X! I've been reading various posts trying to acclamate myself with some of the things Droid X has to offer :icon_eek:. Looking forward to many return trips to droid forums!

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I admire your enthusiasm. Just one piece of advice: Some people that come from Blackberry have a little issue with turning the Blackberry tape machine off in their head. Worrying about app space, battery pulls. Very rarely will you have any situation like that. You might hit a bit of a learning curve but that's what we are here for.

Glad to have you on board.

OP
G

Goose4213

Reaction score
Thanks, hookbill! I will most definitely be tapping the knowledge of the many experienced droid users on this forum.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! yup im a former original Storm user. miss it but wouldn't go back.

Survived another tsunami...Aloha from Hawaii!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Wife came from a Tour. Loved it but is loving the Pro too!

The more the merrier!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
It is a huge transition coming from a BB to an Android phone. Because there is so much that you can do with an Android and a BB is more to the point, like an iPhone, it takes some getting used to. I remember when I hopped of the BB nipple, I just stuck with it despite the frustrations and now I will never return. Just do not let the frustration get to you, embrace it and over come it and toy will love the Droid X.

ILUVDROID

Reaction score
your going to enjoy your Droid X more than your blackberry.

OP
G

Goose4213

Reaction score
It is a huge transition coming from a BB to an Android phone. Because there is so much that you can do with an Android and a BB is more to the point, like an iPhone, it takes some getting used to. I remember when I hopped of the BB nipple, I just stuck with it despite the frustrations and now I will never return. Just do not let the frustration get to you, embrace it and over come it and toy will love the Droid X.
BX, can you recommend the best office app for my DX? I want to run all of my docs/spreadsheets for my business, through my DX & need a good reliable app. Thanks!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
BX, can you recommend the best office app for my DX? I want to run all of my docs/spreadsheets for my business, through my DX & need a good reliable app. Thanks!

I have Docs to Go. I used it with my BBC and have always liked it is. I comparison to Quick Office that comes with the phone. I bought it some time ago when it was on sale.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I use docs to go which is ok. I use it with my work files however it does not replace the original office docs like excel to its fullest. but im ok with it. im still waiting for something from the market to run similar to Visio. there are other apps that may suit ur needs.

OP
G

Goose4213

Reaction score
hook, I have a 16GB sd card from an old blackberry. Can I use it in my new droid x (mine shipped with only a 2GB!).

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
And congrats on the divorce! I think you'll be much happier with your new partner. :)

OP
G

Goose4213

Reaction score
I use docs to go which is ok. I use it with my work files however it does not replace the original office docs like excel to its fullest. but im ok with it. im still waiting for something from the market to run similar to Visio. there are other apps that may suit ur needs.

Can I sync word and excel docs from my pc to my DX?