Ditching the iPhone for GS3... features I need.

twilson9488

Reaction score
#1, Record phone call. I'm looking for is an easy way to record phone calls. years ago when I had a Palm Treo 650, when on a call I had one of the side buttons programmed to record and stop recording a phone call and it would record right to an SD card. Can this be done on an android phone quickly and easily, make a side button or an app to quickly start recording. Don't know if this is built into the android platform if not can anyone recommend an app? This can be done on an iPhone but it's cumbersome, you have to call using another app, or put the call on hold then activate the app. I know the legal reasons on recording a call, not using it for any wrongdoing, just if I have a lot of people on a call and I need to refer back to their questions… I can only write/type notes so fast when there's multiple people talking.

#2, text to speech. The iPhone has a feature if you highlight the text a pop-up will appear to read aloud, doesn't matter what app you are in as long as you can highlight it, it can speak it. I use this quite often when driving and someone sends me a novel e-mail. This was built into version 5.0, before I would have to copy and paste the text into another app to speak… preferably not looking for that. So is this natively built-in?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to Droid Forums twilson.

For #1, there is an app called personal call and voice recording. I use it to record memos to myself but you can set it up several ways to record phone calls. The free version has push ads that leave ads in notification bar and as icons on your home screen. The paid version ($4.99) gets rid of these but try the free version first before paying for it.
For #2, there are actually many apps that can speak text without the extra steps. Off the top of my head, DriveSafely is one that comes to mind.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Thanks Jackie! How are you, stranger!

Living the dream, selling Android each and every day ;-) I'm doing alright. Been busy at work so I haven't had the desire to comment as much lol. How are you?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Doing well here too...and, of course, busy. Life is good that way.