Displaying The Date

hemidroid

Reaction score
Kind of a newb here. I've had my Moto Droid since April and I just now noticed that the date (today's date) is hidden behind the notification bar. So when I pull down the notification bar the date is displayed. It's seems quite useless hidden there. Is there any way to keep the date displayed on TOP of the notification bar at all times???

AlienGorilla

Reaction score
I actually think it's quite useless to have it displayed all the time. If you need a quick glance at the date when not using your phone, it's right there on the lock screen. If you are using your phone then it's just a quick swipe away.

To answer your question though, no, i don't know of anyway to set it to always display. I don't think there is an option for that.

OP
H

hemidroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I actually think it's quite useless to have it hidden all the time. Options are aways nice.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
beautiful widgets adds a nice HTCish widget to the homescreen with time/date/weather on it and is customizable. a lot of ppl on here use it

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
beautiful widgets adds a nice HTCish widget to the homescreen with time/date/weather on it and is customizable. a lot of ppl on here use it

Second that. I use the Beautiful Widget small and it packs a lot of info into a small space. Also acts as a shortcut for Alarm, calendar, and weather.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I also use and love BW and BW LWP. However, there are several free widgets in the market which just show the date, time, or both. I used Retro Clock Widget before switching to BW.