Display Mate Deems iPhone X Display Most Innovative Best Performing Ever. Do You Agree?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apple-iPhone-X-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-vs-LG-V30-specs-comparison.jpg

Display technology over the last few years has really come a long way. Samsung has curved the edges of their displays, and has minimized the bezels. Other OEMs like LG and now Apple have followed suite by getting rid of the display bezels. Display's are now brighter and sharper than ever. Apple has used LCD displays until this year. Their iPhone 8, 8 plus, and iPhone X now feature OLED displays which really do look incredible. Display Mate has now deemed the iPhone X Display as being the Most Innovative and Best Performing display ever.

I have been using the iPhone X for the past few days and when it comes to the display I am actually starting to miss my Galaxy Note 8. For one it doesn't have an ugly notch that gets in the way when viewing various apps in landscape. The iPhone X may have more accurate colors than the Note 8, but I personally prefer more vibrant saturated colors. It just makes the display look more pleasing to me.

When it comes to brightness the Galaxy Note 8 can produce over 1200 nits of brightness, but only for a few pixels. The rest of the display can output up to 560 nits of brightness when auto brightness is turned on and the phone is in direct sunlight. The iPhone X is only able to produce a max brightness of 809 nits for a few pixels. It is able to achieve 634 nits of brightness across the display in Ambient lighting conditions. Either phone can be viewed in outdoor lighting with relative ease.

It is true that the iPhone X may have the higher performing display technically speaking, but it really boils down to personal preference. Do you prefer the strange notched design with muted colors, or do you prefer the sleek bezel free curved display with vibrant saturated colors?

via Display Mate

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would say the pixel 2xl is the most innovative display .

It's a matter of what matters more saturated or natural.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Correct me if im Wrong but isnt the iPhone Display a Samsung OLED and Apple was making a fuss that Samsung was giving them a Hard Time about getting them the amount hey wanted which slowed down the Release of the iPhone X?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would say the pixel 2xl is the most innovative display .

It's a matter of what matters more saturated or natural.

I forgot emojis don't work in news posts.

3e8d06d7d2e28d59dd47ae01f7aaeb3c.jpg

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Remember when the Moto 360 came out and people slammed it for the 'flat tire' at the bottom of its round screen. Apple removed a portion of the screen and its suddenly innovative. IMO, its a stupid 'feature' and a feature.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Problem is that some Consumers and Professionals are Brainwashed.The think Apple Created Everything and can do not Wrong. All the iPhone X did was take away some of the iPhone 8 Features and add others. There is no Real Innovation.

Reactions: cr6

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
its just another iphone :) whether it is the best, it really depends on the users needs and self esteem :) sorry could not resist. the reality is, the iphonex look like it is a good phone. I had a couple over the years and don't regret it. I would still be using one if the original note never was released but I needed a bigger screen.

Last edited:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember when the Moto 360 came out and people slammed it for the 'flat tire' at the bottom of its round screen. Apple removed a portion of the screen and its suddenly innovative. IMO, its a stupid 'feature' and a feature.

That seems to be one of the biggest complaints about the phone. Also every reviewer has mentioned that being a negative.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
the only innovative feature of iphone x is the animoji! everything else is lame, insignificant and makes no difference to 99% of people. but it's apple, it invented the fire, the wheel, and everything else in the universe. how can you not adore it?

i do love the fact that iphone users in airports and coffee shops sit around outlets because their phones are dead while i can go anywhere and do anything because i NEVER run out of power and don't have to recharge during the day even though i use my phone more then anyone i know.

battery power > *

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The iPhone X display is good. It's almost exactly like the Nexus 6Ps screen.

What I will say about the iPhoneX ... DAT BUILD QUALITY, SON. Damn. Holding it in hand side-by -side a P2XL, no contest.

My wife's iPhone arrived on Friday and I set it up for her. I was REEEEEeeeeeal close to jumping ship. But then I had to open iTunes (a dumpster fire disguised as software) to get her set up. I also had to access iCloud (a blatant money grab), and navigate through the wall of endless icons that they call a home screen.

I'll keep what I've got.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have no Complaints with my Note8. Love the Build Quality and all it Offers. Best Phone ive owned so far.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
The iPhone X display is good. It's almost exactly like the Nexus 6Ps screen.

What I will say about the iPhoneX ... DAT BUILD QUALITY, SON. Damn. Holding it in hand side-by -side a P2XL, no contest.

My wife's iPhone arrived on Friday and I set it up for her. I was REEEEEeeeeeal close to jumping ship. But then I had to open iTunes (a dumpster fire disguised as software) to get her set up. I also had to access iCloud (a blatant money grab), and navigate through the wall of endless icons that they call a home screen.

I'll keep what I've got.

has it gotten that bad? it used to be so simple

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Build quality and screen looks great IMO they know how to tweak the colors... Samsung screen with Apple is a match made perfectly..

Sent using Tapatalk