disabling apps

hayn

Reaction score
If I do this to the Verizon apps what will happen?

markg777

Reaction score
How do you plan to disable them?

First you have to have ICS for this to work:
goto apps
drag app up to "more options"
then hit "app info"
hit "clear data"
hit "Clear cache"
hit "force stop"
- that cleans up the junk it may leave behind​
Disable (uninstall updates then go back into app info and then hit disable)

Its a good way to get rid of the Verizon bloatware the phone comes with. Verizon wont do anything to you it just wont be active on your phone hence the disabling action.

Last edited:
OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
markg777 said:
goto apps
then hit "app info"
hit "clear data"
hit "Clear cache"
hit "force stop" - that cleans up the junk it may leave behind

Its a good way to get rid of the Verizon bloatware the phone comes with. Verizon wont do anything to you it just wont be active on your phone hence the disabling action.

So its ok to disable them then right? It won't mess anything up?

markg777

Reaction score
So its ok to disable them then right? It won't mess anything up?
It wont mess anything up unless you disable the browser then you wont be able to surf the internet. :p They are still installed on your phone just deactivated, so you are not removing anything and you can always activate themby going to manage apps in the all apps section you can scroll down to the bottom and you will find them there to activate.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
markg777 said:
It wont mess anything up unless you disable the browser then you wont be able to surf the internet. :p They are still installed on your phone just deactivated, so you are not removing anything and you can always activate themby going to manage apps in the all apps section you can scroll down to the bottom and you will find them there to activate.

Ok thanks

Redsnk95

Reaction score
goto apps
then hit "app info"
hit "clear data"
hit "Clear cache"
hit "force stop"
- that cleans up the junk it may leave behind​

Thanks for the information, that cleaned up my App Drawer a bit.

jaye712

Reaction score
Disabling stock apps can cause issues,for example :if u start havin a weird problem with one of ur apps,including your downloaded ones u had for a long time,it maybe u have to go back n test it n figure out which one is doin it,95% of the time tho,youll be fine..jst look out for it

RAZR215unrooted

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
Disabling stock apps can cause issues,for example :if u start havin a weird problem with one of ur apps,including your downloaded ones u had for a long time,it maybe u have to go back n test it n figure out which one is doin it,95% of the time tho,youll be fine..jst look out for it

RAZR215unrooted

Will it cause Wi-Fi issues? Just wondering

gravediggermax

Reaction score
i need to ask something similar, but related to emails - i have two apps for email - msn and google.

i would like to be able to use my phone for the internet and text, but not use the emails - i can do all that at home from puter or ipad.
would i do the same to the two apps. as you have mentioned above and still be able to use the internet ?
thanks
gd

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
i need to ask something similar, but related to emails - i have two apps for email - msn and google.

i would like to be able to use my phone for the internet and text, but not use the emails - i can do all that at home from puter or ipad.
would i do the same to the two apps. as you have mentioned above and still be able to use the internet ?
thanks
gd
Yes, disable (if you can) or uninstall your msm app. You should also go to menu>settings>accounts and deselect "sync" for your msn account if you chose not to uninstall it. Or, you can leave the msn app installed and under your email settings select never sync. I don't recommend you disable your gmail account as that will impact google backup and contacts etc, but you can also select under gmail settings to never sync or sync manually if I remember correctly. None of this will impact your ability to get to the internet via your Verizon account or WiFi.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am guessing it shouldn't. Probably the best way to figure it out is to disable it, one at a time, and go test the internet each time.

jaye712

Reaction score
gravediggermax said:

thanks
gd

Yeah,if its a stock app u should be alrite,my opinion,up to u, if u dnt use a certain app that came with the phone,disable it..(if u disable like sayy"maps,vzw navigation,whatever related to it(itll be gone TOGETHER(heads up cuz i tested myself,lol,but its only those apps)like i said,it might have one of ur apps(even d.l ones) misbehave so look out for it..n i wanna add,u can turn off sync on your emails too if u dnt want it to run all the time(u can disable "help center "app too,why need it takin space,lol,i shut mines off)

RAZR215unrooted

jaye712

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
Yeah,if its a stock app u should be alrite,my opinion,up to u, if u dnt use a certain app that came with the phone,disable it..(if u disable like sayy"maps,vzw navigation,whatever related to it(itll be gone TOGETHER(heads up cuz i tested myself,lol,but its only those apps)like i said,it might have one of ur apps(even d.l ones) misbehave so look out for it..n i wanna add,u can turn off sync on your emails too if u dnt want it to run all the time(u can disable "help center "app too,why need it takin space,lol,i shut mines off)n tis is right..test it if u need too

RAZR215unrooted

RAZR215unrooted