Did the Froyo FRG01B update break SiriusXM app for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildroid

Reaction score
Hi,

I manually upgraded to FRG01B on my Droid last week due to the easy instructions and link given out on the site (Thanks!).

The one problem I have noticed is that the SiriusXM application now loops about 15-30 seconds of audio again and again where it used to perform perfectly.

I have an XM sub and only listen to channel 202. Can anyone else that has upgraded to FRG01B please let me know if this is happening to them? Listen to channel 202 (explicit comedy, be warned) and see if it loops for them?

Can anyone still on 2.1 please try it and let me know if it happens to them? Perhaps this channel just broke the same day I upgraded to 2.2. I'd like to know before I rollback to 2.1 if it's a waste of time.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,

EvilDroid

PittJOL

Reaction score
Sirius SM App

Same for me on the Sirius XM app .... same result on all channels. Hope there is a fix from somebody -- I'm back to Pandora.

OP
E

evildroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation! I searched around a bit and more and found that it's a known bug in all 2.2 builds. Many audio programs are having problems with the update, but SiriusXM in particular is broken for everyone.

An email to siriusxm support over on another android board got a response that the app is only compatible with 1.5-2.1 and we'd have to wait for a patch.

I'm going back to 2.1 tonight and avoiding 2.2 builds until they fix this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.