Did Froyo Live up To Its Hype? Are You Satisfied?

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Froyo in all its works was great but i personally don't think it lived up to the Hype.I think the only AMAZING features are Flash 10.1 Beta and the Boost in Speed.What are your Opinions on 2.2 Froyo? What could have been Improved in Froyo that wasn't? And what are you hoping to see in Future Releases of Android? =)

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hard to say with out a final product to judge......

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The beta is better in performance but there are still areas where it is not finished. Wifi is still a problem for some people, maps do not update. Its on the right track and its safe to say all those with the beta will upgrade to the official 2.2. The official 2.2 has potential based on what the beta is doing.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hard to say with out a final product to judge......

I tend to agree with this statement but based on what we have already it is leaps and bounds above 2.1. The overall speed and response of the phone is greatly improved. Also with Flash, AIR and native App2SD it just wraps up the package quite nicely. When the final product is released and the AOSP updated with Froyo source expect to see WAY more. dancedroid

bump47

Reaction score
Wait til this Badboy is finished and we get the full product without any bugs. I think it will do amazing things for android! I'm holding out a bit on froyo to see what happens in the next week or so but I don't know how long I will last holding out lol.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
I understand the final product is not out yet.But based on what we have now and the Official Feature List the only promising things i can see are Flash 10.1 and Jit and as of now we have those 2 features.Flash 10.1 is amazing but still is buggy.And the Speed boost is great.Oh and i forgot App2Sd which has to be supported by the Developer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand the final product is not out yet.But based on what we have now and the Official Feature List the only promising things i can see are Flash 10.1 and Jit and as of now we have those 2 features.Flash 10.1 is amazing but still is buggy.And the Speed boost is great.

The final product won't be as good as we have, because it would have to be stock and you couldn't overclock, unless you're saying build a ROM off the final product. Then that would make sense.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Chrome to phone is awesome, I think it could use a few more features but I think it's a pretty useful feature as is.

I also like having flash capability more than I thought I would.

Overall I think it's a better improvement than 2.0>2.1

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
I understand the final product is not out yet.But based on what we have now and the Official Feature List the only promising things i can see are Flash 10.1 and Jit and as of now we have those 2 features.Flash 10.1 is amazing but still is buggy.And the Speed boost is great.

The final product won't be as good as we have, because it would have to be stock and you couldn't overclock, unless you're saying build a ROM off the final product. Then that would make sense.

Yes a built Rom off the Final Product would be AMAZING.Very smooth and all the Kinks would be gone.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I am very satisfied with it considering its still beta, cant wait for the real deal.

Sometime I think they leak this stuff purposely so that, "they" can get some ginnie pigs to test and report real word testing and bug reports. Not that I am complaining :)

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
I am very satisfied with it considering its still beta, cant wait for the real deal.

Sometime I think they leak this stuff purposely so that, "they" can get some ginnie pigs to test and report real word testing and bug reports. Not that I am complaining :)

It truly is amazing to be Beta.But i guess i was expecting more.Flash is VERY great and i dont know how i went this long with out it.

noisufnoc

Reaction score
i'm very happy with the beta, and now i'm running Bugless and its great.

J

Johnly

Did someone say an official release of froyo was up for evaluation?????? BB v0.1 has improved my OS a great deal, tho ; )