Dialing Sound/Camera Shutter Sound Turn off possible?

Losheau

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the camera shutter sound to be disabled? Its really hard to be quiet and take a photo when there is a loud shutter noise. Also is there any way to disable the sound when you dial a number with your ringer on?

Thanks

jfrost1920

Reaction score
Here is the trick: Take your phone and change the ALARM volume all the way to 0, or whatever volume is acceptable to you. If you just put your phone on silent, it doesn't affect the alarm. The alarm volume is what the camera uses for the annoying focus beep. There is probably a setting too that when you just put your phone on silent, it will change ALL your settings, including the alarm, to silent but I don't have that info right this second. I'm sure there is a way though.

To disable your dial pad sound, just go settings--sound--audible touch tones--uncheck.

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Here is the trick: Take your phone and change the ALARM volume all the way to 0, or whatever volume is acceptable to you. If you just put your phone on silent, it doesn't affect the alarm. The alarm volume is what the camera uses for the annoying focus beep. There is probably a setting too that when you just put your phone on silent, it will change ALL your settings, including the alarm, to silent but I don't have that info right this second. I'm sure there is a way though.

To disable your dial pad sound, just go settings--sound--audible touch tones--uncheck.

on my d2 if you silent your phone unlock then the camera shutter is silenced but if you turn alarm sound all the way to 0 then the shutter is still loud what is the setting for the shutter on camera anyone know that way i dont have to slide ti vibrate all the time to be quiet on taking pictures

OP
L

Losheau

Reaction score
Thank you so much! All those annoying sounds are finally gone! I guess I should have looked harder in the settings for the dial pad one though:p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lloyd2398

Reaction score
hello so if i goto the system and i delete this file will it actually take the sound from the came and throw it in the trash im just not sure if this file for the camera sounds is a must have or not please let me know as i hate the clicking that the camera does i also heard that if you install snap photo or snap photo pro it allows you to silence the camera and still be able to use your native camera im going to try that also but anyways this is the file

Replace or remove the following file /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

usafpilot022

Reaction score
So, I would love to do this, but I can't find the system folder anywhere..... And yes my phone is rooted (and to prove it wifi tethering works as well as superuser rights for titanium backup) Thanks guy.s