dialer problem

twistedlim

Reaction score
I seem to have a dialer problem. On any custom rom I use when I say dial my voice mail, hit speaker and then enter the number, the audio echos somewhat and the recording tells me I have entered the incorrect number even though it displays the correct one. This also happens when I dial extensions. It happens with all my custom roms but the dialer works normally when I use a vanilla frg83 ir frg22 rom. Any ideas. I have totally wiped my phone. Taken off all backups on my sd card except the frg83 vanilla, done a complete factory wipe. Removed everthing from the sd card and formatted. I am at a loss.

gerend

Reaction score
I was just noticing the same thing on the last few ROMs I have tried...I don't remember it always being like that. Anyways, I am just taking it out of speaker mode when entering numbers. Not the greatest solution but it works for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:
OP
T

twistedlim

Reaction score
I just can't figure out why the vanilla roms run fine. I have gone back to petes frg83deodexed and dropped all the bloat via Tibu. I will stay with that until I can figure the other out. You are correct if you don't use the speaker it seems to work fine but when I am dialing extensions I always use the speaker, esp when in the car. This is a function that is a must for me anyway. Thanks for the response.

OP
T

twistedlim

Reaction score
I found that by going to settings/sound/ and turning off the the touch sound it works fine other than you do not get sounds when you dial numbers (no biggie to me)