DIAGNOSTIC MODE anybody?

lolcatz

Reaction score
Hello everyone!.

I've been searching for this since day one... and nobody seems to be interested at all...

Diagnostic mode is REALLY useful when you wanna edit or see the carrier's network configuration... and LOTS of extra stuff... This mode sets the phone in a "bridge mode" so you can communicate your PC to the phone's modem (CDMA modem)... Your PC usually needs a driver in order to work properly with the phone.

I.E. droid eris (HTC) is set into diag mode by dialing ##3424#... and that's it!. That doesn't work with the Moto DROID, i only know few secret codes that work with it:

Code:
*#*#INFO#*#*
##PROGRAM
Is anyone else interested in finding the way to put this phone into diag mode?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah of course most phones have a different way of getting into those modes now adays. I remember years ago, they all used to be the same.. well just about.

OP
L

lolcatz

Reaction score
I will not be able to use the phone myself until i find the way to set this into diag mode...

since nobody else is looking for it, looks like i'll have to wait a few months before the way to do it is posted.

Neofite

Reaction score
Going into the programming menu:
Dial ##PROGRAM, send, enter 000000, Verify

Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

OP
L

lolcatz

Reaction score

yes... that code is the same one i posted when opened the thread.... and it's not the "bridge" we are talking about.

Diag mode is different than that....

skuzz

Reaction score

yes... that code is the same one i posted when opened the thread.... and it's not the "bridge" we are talking about.

Diag mode is different than that....

Did you click the "Test Mode" link that lets you into the CDMA debug screens, vocoder and EVDO menus? It's under ##PROGRAM near the bottom.

photonmedia

Reaction score
Code:
*#*#INFO#*#*
##PROGRAM

Interesting things to be seen in that ##PROGRAM menu. (The SPC Code is 000000)

I also managed to get an adb shell. It would not let me cp anything to the SDCARD, but I did redirect the output of several interesting commands to txt files on the SDCARD. As soon as I get home I will upload them to mediafire and post links.

Last edited:

nortelcell

Reaction score
Help I need to get into Diag mode to change data settings

so everything that I found gets you into programming but you cannot change data network settings does anyone know how to get into this phone and change data settingz

skuzz

Reaction score
There is nothing interesting in the ##program.

There's many a fascinating thing in ##PROGRAM, in fact just last night I used it to find out why Verizon service was so piss poor at a place I was at, primary pilot was weak, and the closest of the 18 nearest neighbors was so weak I'd have to go outside to pick it up. This meant it was hopeless to attempt a voodoo chicken dance to try and improve reception.

You just need to know how to apply the information to make it useful.

rye0426

Reaction score
diagnostic mode

Hello everyone!.

I've been searching for this since day one... and nobody seems to be interested at all...

Diagnostic mode is REALLY useful when you wanna edit or see the carrier's network configuration... and LOTS of extra stuff... This mode sets the phone in a "bridge mode" so you can communicate your PC to the phone's modem (CDMA modem)... Your PC usually needs a driver in order to work properly with the phone.

I.E. droid eris (HTC) is set into diag mode by dialing ##3424#... and that's it!. That doesn't work with the Moto DROID, i only know few secret codes that work with it:

Code:
*#*#INFO#*#*
##PROGRAM
Is anyone else interested in finding the way to put this phone into diag mode?

I have diagnostic mode through ROM (direct diagnostic test in bootup) but i dint know how to edit the .nhb file.