DEX Solutions?

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for some time at ways to utilize Dex, especially when on the go. Thanks to the lack of HDMI input in pretty much......every laptop it there, it makes it kind of difficult. I saw a setup using a portable touch screen with a hooked in Anker battery. And then of course there's the ole monitor. Most recently I saw the Nexdock 2 on Kickstarter, which looked pretty good.

Anyone have any cool ideas they've tried?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is fun! Lol! I do it because it is a cool thing to tinker with. Still haven't gotten around to playing with Linux on Dex yet, but that is on the list.

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reeeally want an HP Lapdock...

bkeaver

Reaction score
I've been using DeX on my s10+ as my laptop as of late. I have a 15.6" panel, bluetooth foldable keyboard and bluetooth mouse and works killier. My monitor can be powered with a power battery brick and since that has wireless as well I can charge phone and monitor at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using DeX on my s10+ as my laptop as of late. I have a 15.6" panel, bluetooth foldable keyboard and bluetooth mouse and works killier. My monitor can be powered with a power battery brick and since that has wireless as well I can charge phone and monitor at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply here. What monitor do you use? Is it a touch screen? Everything I look at is expensive enough that I feel buying a cheap Chromebook and using tethering seems like the best option for me. I still would love to give Dex a try though.