desperate: I can wipe cache in boot loader but not data.

Trionalaw

Reaction score
hopefully, someone will take pity on me. Using SBF .602 with RDS4.8.everything works fine. I got to the point where it advised me to power up manually. When I did, it would not reboot. It simply stopped at t red eye.I have tried the other two droid asked SBF files but RDF does not recognize them: the start button does not light up. When I try the . 602 again, the flash fails.

In the boot loader, when I tried to wipe the data/factory reset, I get an error that says can't open/cash/recovery/command. I can wipe the cache partition apparently.

Can anybody help me? I am really desperate.

Thanks so much.

Jim

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You don't want to do that from bootloader. You need to get into stock recovery to wipe data and cache.
Power the phone down.
Then hold the home and power button
When boot logo comes up let go of power.
When the triangle with green android pops up hit the 2 volume button.
You should now be in stock recovery.
Use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
thank you so much for getting back to me. My apologies for not being more clear. That is where I cannot wipe the data. It is when I get to the little android and the yellow! in the triangle. it seems to allow me to wipe the cash partition.

Now what? At least now I have a lifeline.

Much appreciated.

Jim

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That's ok. Once you get to the point where you have the yellow triangle + Android you need to hit both volume buttons at the same time. This should get you to a blue menu that looks similiar to clockwork but it is stock recovery. There should be a factory reset, wipe cache, and reboot system option.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Much appreciated. I held the two buttons down for over 2 min. Nothing. However, as soon as I hit the search button I immediately get into what is in red "android system recovery<e 3>. Without touching any other button I still get the error at the bottom that says "can open/cash/recovery/command."

I suppose an old college girl friend could be putting some sort of curse on me. What do you think?

Thanks again.

Jim

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry about that. Its been the 2 volume buttons for me every time I used the .602 sbf. Search button for ones prior.

Either way I always get that message. Just run the wipes and try to reboot. And as mentioned watch your battery. It does not charge through all of this.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
thank you Hawkeye (I assume you are one of the pros from Dover?),

When I flashed from SBF, I had to use the.602 SBF file. Neither of the other droid access SBF files would allow the start buttonon RDS lite 4.8 to light up.When I tried the SPF method again, it advised that the flash failed. I downloaded RDS lite 4.9 and the same results.

I'm stuck somewhere in the ether it looks like.

Jim

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
So you're stuck at the white triangle with the yellow exclamation point and the little green android, right? Try pressing the search key, then use the down button to move down to wipe data, the press power to execute. If this doesn't work, pull your battery and go back to the bootloader and SBF again. I you still are getting the SBF fail, try upgrading to RSDlite 5.4.4. I think this is the suggested RSD to install this update and could possibly be the reason for your problems in the first place. Hope this helps.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I will download RDF lite 5.4.4. I can wipe the cache in the recovery but not the data.then when it reboots it just loops.

Thanks so much,

Jim

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Tri. Read my prior post. I always get that message in stock recovery. Hasn't been an issue for me.

Hawkeye12

Reaction score
thank you Hawkeye (I assume you are one of the pros from Dover?),

When I flashed from SBF, I had to use the.602 SBF file. Neither of the other droid access SBF files would allow the start buttonon RDS lite 4.8 to light up.When I tried the SPF method again, it advised that the flash failed. I downloaded RDS lite 4.9 and the same results.

I'm stuck somewhere in the ether it looks like.

Jim

I do live in Delaware but know sure about the dover reference.

The link I posted is for a different type of SBF method from RSD, as long as you can get into bootloader (power + volume down + camera+ home -release at white screen flash), have battery power and a computer, this should work.

Edit: my bad just power + volume +camera
Slicing & Dicing on Shuji1.2

Last edited:
OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I was able to download the RDS lite 5.4.4. It is now flashing the SBF .602. It is saying different things than the earlier RDS lite 4.8, but so what I guess. I will let you know what happens once it has been flashing.

Can't thank you enough. This form has been a lifesaver for me beginning with my droid OG and now this one. Routing a phone is the closest I get to living on the edge.

Much appreciated,

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
RDS lite 5.4.4 did the trick. I am now back to stock. I can't thank you enough.

As far as the reference to the pros from Dover, I am old enough that I saw the movie when it came out. I wore glasses similar to Hawkeye and my best friend had dark hair but had very little resemblance to Trapper John. Nonetheless, we were referred to as the pros from Dover. It was cool at the time.

Thank you so much again. I really appreciate it.

I can now go home and continue to work after I eat dinner.

Jim

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad you got it tri! Sorry if I was giving bad advice. I interpreted that by the fact it said to reboot phone that the sbf was fine and by your original description you needed to get into stock recovery. I lost in there the other step I needed whatever it was.

Sorry if I messed you up more then helped.