Desire Z (well G2) Gets Overclocked... Seriously

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;l5LvjlE4Vyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LvjlE4Vyc[/video]

Did the spec sheet say 800Mhz? Well that is no problem anymore because some guys over at XDA have pushed it to the MAX!. The max we are talking about is around 1420Mhz which is 600 more than HTC planned for their device. The changes you see in the video can be done quite easily with the guide provided, and I think just about any person that knows Android can do this on their device.

Now everyone that doubted the new HTC Merge because of its non 1Ghz processor might want to re-think your stance . This speed is the best a single core device has ever done, not even the Nexus One can touch the speed seen above. Regardless, this speed boost is not for everyday use unless your device is always plugged in and with my experience with the G2, you don't need it.

Now does anyone think any less of the HTC Merge that is coming soon, or is this the thing it needed to get a sale from you? Let us know.

Guide for G2,
News via: AndroidCentral

Jmart922

Reaction score
Nice, now I'm not going to be purchasing the merge, but I am going for the incredible HD and knowing that it has the same processor this does make me more excited that you can push the newer snapdragon more the previous models

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App