demonoid down... kinda have an update

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
Today on apr 28th @ 7pm mt I went to demonoid.com and it very slowly loaded the homepage partially, but there was a news update. I copied the message, it said:

Ongoing denial of service attack
There is a denial of service attack in progress that is causing extreme slowness We are currently working on solving the issue Thanks for your understanding

This is making it seem more like hackers, but then again i dont know much about networking other than how to set up a home network with static ips and such. Can anyone shed any light on what that means? Thanks

Weekendbum

Reaction score
A denial of service is basically like what happens when thousands and thousands of people go to a website at the same time and the servers can't support it. The site slows to a crawl, servers crash, and you get errors.

Basically DDOS (Denial of Service) attackers write code that exploit random ports on the internet and they infect "host" computers with worms that allow them to control that persons bandwidth. Whoever is doing this is probably constantly hitting the website with thousands, if not tens of thousands, computers at once all day -- all night.

Couple that with the usual traffic of the site -- and you get this.