Deleting widgets

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Hi. How do you delete widgets from your home screens? Not Market necessarily, but I made a couple of notes from the stock notepad and now can't delete them. Or, they won't drop into the trash can. What am I missing?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I should have said that if I long press then drag the widget to the trash can, it'll turn red, I'll drag it over, drop it on, but it won't delete. These are from the stock sticky pad I guess. It's a Motorola widget.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Deleting widgets can be tricky. I've had to drag them and position them on the garbage can several different ways before they would finally delete.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

OP
cutiedroid

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I finally got one sticky note to delete but also after multiple tries. I wonder why some things are harder to delete than others? I'm surprised someone hasn't written an app for deleting home page icons, widgets, and whatnot in a more efficient manner.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I finally got one sticky note to delete but also after multiple tries. I wonder why some things are harder to delete than others? I'm surprised someone hasn't written an app for deleting home page icons, widgets, and whatnot in a more efficient manner.

Deleting is definitely flukey...my experience is that this is different in different launchers. Much more tricky in stock launcher; easier in both LauncherPro and GoLauncher. FWIW.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
My idea would be to long press the icon, bring up a menu and click Delete.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

My idea would be to long press the icon, bring up a menu and click Delete.

ADW Launcher EX and maybe regular ADW Launcher have exactly that option. It actually says remove, but none the less it is there.