Deleting Unused ROMS

Customgod227

Reaction score
Hello. I have a general question for you. Lets just say you have went through all of the steps of rooting your phone and got yourself a nice new ROM from another andriod device. You have used it, and decided to go back to stock, but you want to stay rooted, just with the original ROM. How would you go back to stock, while staying rooted, but delete the custom ROM from the other andriod phone you downloaded?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

You will just have to search for a "virgin" stock ROM that also has root...and if it didn't have root, just root it again, cause you know rooting is the easiest step...

And by flashing the "virgin" ROM the other ROM is not installed on your phone anymore...and then you could just delete the original ROM from your nandroid folder on the sdcard

samiusmc

Reaction score
Welcome :)

You will just have to search for a "virgin" stock ROM that also has root...and if it didn't have root, just root it again, cause you know rooting is the easiest step...

And by flashing the "virgin" ROM the other ROM is not installed on your phone anymore...and then you could just delete the original ROM from your nandroid folder on the sdcard

Do you lose your settings and apps when you flash a virgin rom?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah because you should wipe data for a clean install.....but you can simply back up all your apps with Astro and then reinstall them once you get the virgin ROM flashed

Shanged

Reaction score
Google Sync (under accounts) has an option to back your settings up.

Shanged

Reaction score
I just checked, I don't have the option anymore either. Perhaps it was in a previous ROM I was trying? I know the setting was there at some point for me. Sorry!

samiusmc

Reaction score
I just checked, I don't have the option anymore either. Perhaps it was in a previous ROM I was trying? I know the setting was there at some point for me. Sorry!

Well, how do I back-up my settings?

kristoff125

Reaction score
You gotta start over, this time, before you update anything, or add any new roms, just make sure to do a full backup, next time you won't have the problem, if your settings weren't saved, they're gonna be lost. I'd say just flash over the virgin rom, and move on, it'll take less time to redo everything than trying to **** with it until you get the settings saved, which I'm not sure is really possible, you'll keep your contacts, but lose a lot.