Deleting Ringtones and bookmarks

GhostRider69

Reaction score
How do you delete ringtones and bookmarks?

I accidently downloaded a ringtone twice and cant get the duplicate off.

Also, the guy at the Verizon store added a bookmark while showing me the phone and want to get rid of the bookmarks that he added and were already there.

Thanks!

OP
G

GhostRider69

Reaction score
I figured out deleting the bookmarks off my browser. I still cant figure out the ringtone thing.

Anyone?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I figured out deleting the bookmarks off my browser. I still cant figure out the ringtone thing.

Anyone?
mount your droid onto your pc. then find the file with your downloaded ringtones and just delete it that way

OP
G

GhostRider69

Reaction score
How do you mount it? I dont recall it coming with anything to hok it up to the PC with.

There is no other way?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How do you mount it? I dont recall it coming with anything to hok it up to the PC with.

There is no other way?
lol you can use the usb cable that came with the charger. ill walk you through it

edit: are you rooted?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
wow brain fart..........astro file manager.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

There is no other way?
lol you can use the usb cable that came with the charger. ill walk you through it

Ok, I plugged the USB cable in to the phone. What next?
pull down your notification bar on your phone and click on the icon that says copy files to your coputer
than click mount
just for future reference, you can download an app called astro from the market its a file manager and you can delete things off you sd card from there

Last edited:

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
after you mount your phone, it should recognize the device. it will ask to install some motorola thing you can just click cancel ask me later, then an auto play should pop up for you phone and give you a bunch of options on how to view your sd card. click on "open folder to view files". then you can just search for the app folder with you ringtones and delete

OP
G

GhostRider69

Reaction score

pull down your notification bar on your phone and click on the icon that says copy files to your coputer
than click mount
just for future reference, you can download an app called astro from the market its a file manager and you can delete things off you sd card from there

I plugged in the USB cable and mounted it. It says "Turn Off USB Storage." I turn it off and nothing happens.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
than click mount

I plugged in the USB cable and mounted it. It says "Turn Off USB Storage." I turn it off and nothing happens.
dont click turn off usb storage. just mount, then your computer should recognize your droid

OP
G

GhostRider69

Reaction score
than click mount

dont click turn off usb storage. just mount, then your computer should recognize your droid

Ok then what?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
whats your computer doing?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
if this isnt making sense you can download an app called astro from the app store and we can do it from there