deleting email

el1217

Reaction score
My Droid is deleting email randomly. I get email. I delete some and choose to open and look at some with the hopes of later coming back to respond to them. When I open up into email they are gone.

Where have they gone an how can I get this to stop?

Also what is up with the pink strip on the left of the email. Does it do anything?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid is deleting email randomly. I get email. I delete some and choose to open and look at some with the hopes of later coming back to respond to them. When I open up into email they are gone.

Where have they gone an how can I get this to stop?

Also what is up with the pink strip on the left of the email. Does it do anything?

I really don't understand what's going on with your Droid, but if you're missing mail go to your gmail account on line and you can always find it there.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Try pressing menu, then labels, then select all mail. It could be that you're accidentally "archiving" emails. That hides them from view in the inbox, but they'll be visible under all mail if this is the case

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
E

el1217

Reaction score
It is a comcast account not a gmail account.

OP
E

el1217

Reaction score
Try pressing menu, then labels, then select all mail. It could be that you're accidentally "archiving" emails. That hides them from view in the inbox, but they'll be visible under all mail if this is the case

When I press menu I get the options of refresh compose, folders, accounts, and account settings. I don't see labels.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When I press menu I get the options of refresh compose, folders, accounts, and account settings. I don't see labels.

Yeah, you're using the standard email client. That's not how these phones are designed. It will be smoother if you set it up as I described in the previous response.

OP
E

el1217

Reaction score
oK I have done that and it is working on my phone, but maybe I forgot to mention that I use outlook on my laptop. Now non of the messages are going there. How can I fix that?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oK I have done that and it is working on my phone, but maybe I forgot to mention that I use outlook on my laptop. Now non of the messages are going there. How can I fix that?

Is there any reason you can't just go to your gmail account via your laptop? I'm not understanding. Is there a reason you need outlook?

OP
E

el1217

Reaction score
I am used to Outlook and really like it. I also use it for calendaring, which I guess need to find another alternative too.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited: