Deleted Widget remains

mikem

Reaction score
When I upgraded to 2.1 one of my widgets used to turn on and off the bluetooth from the main page went black. I deleted the widget and now the widget remains with some lettering it which says something to the effect of problem loading widget from what I can make out of the wording. My question is how do I get completely rid of this widget from my homepage especially since it doesn't work.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I upgraded to 2.1 one of my widgets used to turn on and off the bluetooth from the main page went black. I deleted the widget and now the widget remains with some lettering it which says something to the effect of problem loading widget from what I can make out of the wording. My question is how do I get completely rid of this widget from my homepage especially since it doesn't work.

First of all, welcome to the forum, mikem! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Now to your issue. I would go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications and let the list populate. The find the program the widget is for and uninstall it. Then turn the phone off and then back on. Now try downloading the program from the Market again if you want it back. Good luck!

:welcome:

JCo352

Reaction score
Just long-press on where the widget was and drag to the bottom, where the app drawer will turn into a trash can, when it turns red let go.