Deleted the only recording of my Grandmother's voice

Decenzo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My dad was playing a voicemail he had saved of his mother calling him. He accidentally erased it, and I need to get it back. This is the only recording of her that he owns so this is really important to me.

His phone is running on Android 4.1.2 . I have been googling **** for an hour. Some people have suggested solutions that work via Visual Voicemail, but his phone will allow a subscription. I have tried data recovery software, but they all charge $50 and I can't even confirm that they have the file I'm looking for.

Can anyone please help me? I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to post, I only made the account for help on this issue.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Call your carrier and see if they can help. It most likely was never stored on the device but on a server with your service provider

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, let's clarify... This is a voicemail MP3 file that was downloaded from a Visual Voicemail account, or it's a voicemail on a phone service provider's servers? In other words, is the actual voicemail file or recording one that WAS a file stored on the phone? If it was never actually stored on the phone then the only way you can hope to recover it is to seek assistance from the phone service provider - the company that runs the servers where the file was stored and played from.

On the other hand, if the file was downloaded on to the phone as an MP3 or other type of audio file, then when it was deleted, the actual file is still on the phone and MAY be able to be recovered. There ARE free file recovery apps that can undelete files and don't require you to pay a subscription. I'll pull off some names and links of those I know work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Call your carrier and see if they can help. It most likely was never stored on the device but on a server with your service provider

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Hahah...you Ninja'd me! :D;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oh, forgot to mention that if the phone is NOT rooted, you may have little to no success in accessing the files to undelete. Most (*if not all), of the undelete apps require root access. This is not a flaw in their software, but a characteristic of how the files are stored on the Android system by the Voicemail apps. One that I know works (with root), is Undeleter Recover Files & Data - Android Apps on Google Play