Deleted emails in Gmail app not deleted

jxu101

Reaction score
When I delete an email in the Gmail app, it doesn't update in the web browser or on my desktop IMAP client. On my OG Droid I never had this issue, but now whenever I delete something on my Gnex, I get a gray number (of the number of emails I just deleted) in the upper right-hand corner. The email appears deleted on my phone, but remains unread and in my Inbox on my computer.

The issue seems to go only one way - if I delete an email in my desktop web client, then my phone doesn't show it in the inbox anymore on my Gnex, as one would expect.

I've tried clearing the cache for the app and unsyncing/resyncing Gmail in Accounts and Sync (to try to force a new pairing), but the issue persists. Anyone else experiencing this or have possible solutions?

Unlocked and rooted, but still on stock 4.0.2.

OP
J

jxu101

Reaction score
No such option exists, unless I'm missing something here?

captdroid

Reaction score
That is odd. No problem here deleting gmail email from the phone. Deleted email ends up in 'trash' when I bring up my gmail account in a pc browser.

Maybe try uninstalling gmail and reinstalling.

OP
J

jxu101

Reaction score
No option to delete the app...only to disable, clear cache, clear data, and force stop...

captdroid

Reaction score
No option to delete the app...only to disable, clear cache, clear data, and force stop...

:D Ah yes gmail did come installed on the stock ROM as system app. Did you try clearing both cache and data and resetting up gmail? I know you said you cleared gmail cache.

OP
J

jxu101

Reaction score
Resolved. Clearing data as well as the cache and repairing did the trick! Thanks!