Dead Pixels on Camera

jimnutt

Reaction score
I was taking some pictures the other day and noticed a small black spot on all the pictures I've taken recently. At first I thought it might be dead pixels on the display, but it's not. It's particularly obvious in the photo here, which I'm not put inline because its size. I'm calling Verizon tomorrow to see what they can do, but it definitely looks like something broke since 4/28 (which is the last spot free picture I took). Has anybody else seen something like this?

Danny Simon

Reaction score
I am experiencing the exact same thing. Verizon guy says to try a full wipe and reload, although I suspect that this will not help. He made a note in my account and said if the reload doesn't work, they'll get me a replacement phone.

It is 100% for sure NOT on the glass because outside the live camera and pictures that have been taken with it, there is no black mark (i.e. on home screens). The dark spot appears both on the live camera and on pictures that have been taken. I'm thinking some kind of lens defect...

See attached picture (if I attached it correctly!!)

Danny Simon

Reaction score
In case anybody is interested, I did the hard reboot and it did not solve the problem (as expected). I went into my local Verizon store and they placed an order for a replacement, no questions asked. I was actually pleasantly surprised that it was that easy!

- Danny