Data Throttling Hack for SS 4.95

tbone73

Reaction score
installed it, works good everything helps thanks winner00

samiusmc

Reaction score
Thanks. Works great. Much faster! FYI, it didn't install using SPrecovery. I had to use CM but no big deal.

9wire

Reaction score
Did a little experimenting with music junk today, no scientific measurements but at least seems way faster.

mkraffert

Reaction score
Is anyone else having bluetooth problems after installing this? I have a Kenwood bluetooth hands free stereo in my truck and after installing this my phone won't connect to the stereo. I restored my backup from before the install and it works fine.

rollo69

Reaction score
Installed flawless through Clockwork. First check on speedtest only showed 900 but tried it again and show 2.5 . Have noticed a great improvement when using net and downloading. Didn't have any problems loading a theme after install either.!!

Thanks again winner00

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Is this services.jar file okay for 4.9, or does it require 4.95? (I don't mean installing the zip, but just manually copying the file over)

Edit: never mind, I just went ahead and installed 4.95 and then this. Didn't bother with a speedtest, it seems pretty well confirmed by enough people that it works.

tbone73

Reaction score
Is anyone else having bluetooth problems after installing this? I have a Kenwood bluetooth hands free stereo in my truck and after installing this my phone won't connect to the stereo. I restored my backup from before the install and it works fine.
You probably just had to unpair and then re-pair with your devise, I've had to do that at times no big deal and it works just fine.

9wire

Reaction score
I use a Moto S705 daily and no issues ever.

heavyvino

Reaction score
Dose this mean my 3G up/down load speed will go up.
Also will this affect my wi-fi up load speed, on my wi-fi down average 5.12Mbs but up is .82M on 3G averages .600Mbs down and .421Mbs up.

tbone73

Reaction score
Dose this mean my 3G up/down load speed will go up.
Also will this affect my wi-fi up load speed, on my wi-fi down average 5.12Mbs but up is .82M on 3G averages .600Mbs down and .421Mbs up.
From what i understand about this is that in high 3G volume areas like say down town LA, Verizon will limit your bandwidth to accommodate everybody that can be using the internet at the same time, thus your speeds (bandwidth) are "limited" BUT with this hack your speeds are not subject to being "limited" in these areas. You will have full bandwidth like in areas that are not high volume and therefore not restricted.

tbone73

Reaction score
For those of us that installed the data hack will we run into problems updating to 4.96 which I assume has this included?